- SSU's Student Center Board of Advisors are looking to put up student art in the second floor of the student center and who better to know about student art then the Art Department themselves! Download the application form which explains the guidelines to submitting the art application, but if you still have more questions, feel free to ask either Jessica Way, Olivia Smith, or Laura Michel! We hope to hear from you!
- 20th Annual De Young Student Showcase
"The de Young New Generations Student and Faculty Advisory Committee invites college and university students to submit porposals of all forms of aty inspired by the shocase title, Sanctuary." This a a great opportunity to showcase your work in a local setting! It is highly encouraged that artists take place in this. Submissions Deadline is March 6, 2016. For instructions and application, click here!
- Digital Imaging Specialist
Sony has listed in the college career site for a digital imaging specialist position. The position is 30 hours a week and pays $16-20. "Students that are currently taking Digital Imaging and/or Photography classes are already learning the skills that qualify them for this positon". For more information, visit this link.
- Graphic Design Position
The Entrepreneural and Campus Life Department is hiring students for their Marketing positions in Graphic Design! The "Graphic Designer will help conceptualize graphic materials and ensure continuity across all platforms, including print and digital. You will be designing small print flyers, digital advertisements, large format event banners and more, all seen by the campus community!" For more information and application instruction, Click Here to download the Word Document.
- Home Design Assistance Internship
Robert Federighi, Inc, a interior design, home, staging, and project assistance company in Novato currently has an unpaid internship opening available for next semester. Click Here for the job description.
- Looking for Docents
Sebastopol Center for the Arts is looking for docents (volunteers). "Be a part of the 'heart' of the center. Our docents make it all look so easy - but behind this volunteer position is lots of work, lots of fun and your chance to be in the center of the art swirl at the center." If interested click here for the application.
- Collections Management Internship
di Rosa Art Gallery is currently looking for an intern for its Collections Management department. "The purpose of the collections management internship is to work closely with various aspects of maintaining a permanent artwork collection, including physical inventory of the permanent collection, maintenance of the archival artist files, documenting artwork conditions, and database mangement."
Applicants must submit a resume and a brief letter of interest (cover letter) to Kara Smith with the subject line "Collections Management Intern." You may also mail your application to 5200 Sonoma Highway, Napa, CA 94559. Official job posting can be found here Collections Management Intership Job Posting
- Gallery Guide Position
The di Rosa Art Gallery is currently looking to fill a position for a Gallery Guide in the Department of Exhibitions. 'The Gallery Guide plays an essential role in providing hospitality and information to patrons who visit di Rosa's Gatehouse Gallery. The Gallery Guide employs skills in three areas: education, visitor services, and security."
Applicants must submit a resume and a brief letter of interest (cover letter) to Kara Smith with the subject line "Gallery Guide." You may also mail your application to 5200 Sonoma Highway, Napa, CA 94559. Official job posting can be found here Gallery Guide Job Posting
- Donor Network West Poster Contest
Donor Network West is hosting an Art Contest in which their "goal is to educate students and their families about organ and tissue donation while tapping into the creative talents of our youth."
A total of 4 students winners will be announced. Frist Prize is a $500 Gift Card, Second Place is a $400 Gift Card, Third Place is a $300 Gift Card, and Facebook Fave is a $100 Gift Card. Any instructor named on a winning entry form wins a $100 Gift Card. Click Here for more information and Entry Form.
- National Depression Screening Day Poster Contest
College Response is hosting a National Depression Screening Day Poster contest. The poster is designed to raise awrenes about depression with a hopeful and positive tone. Entries are due Dec. 4, 2015. Winning recipient will receive a $250 dollars VISA Gift Card! Click here for the promotional flyer with more information.
- Oliver Soup Co. Label
Chef Christina is currently looking for someone to design her new soup company label! She is looking for an artisinal and botanical with fruits and veggies for her label, however she is open to suggestion. Compensation is negotiable. For more information, please contact Christina Jones at email@example.com
- IRA-funded Undergraduate Research/Creative Project Grants for Student Applicants
As a part of its allocation of Instructionally Related Activity Fees, the Fee Advisory Committee has once again funded the Undergraduate Research/Creative Project Grant Program, the purpose of which is to encourage independent research and creative projects by Sonoma State undergraduates. These funds are designed to aid undergraduates in the purchase of supplies and equipment and other expenses they may incur in their projects, such as travel to present their projects at off-campus venues. A maximum of $750 will be awarded to each undergraduate recipient, with an average award of $500. Visit the SSU SOURCE Grants Awards Page to find the application.
- 30 Below Contest
NARRATIVE INVITES all writers, poets, visual artists, photographers, performers, and filmmakers between eighteen and thirty years old to send us their best work. First Prize is $1,500, Second Prize is $750, Third Prize is $300, and ten finalists will receive $100 each. More information can be found at Narrative 30 Below Contest Website
- It's Not Too Late For An Internship.
The deadline, completed form--with all signatures, is noon Sept 21, 2015. Internship Opportunity for anyone interested in learning how to teach art to children.
The internship is assisting an art teacher at Presentation School and be focusing assisting the art teacher and helping in the classroom for about 10 hours a week. If you are interested contact: Rosemary McNeely [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] or Ianthe Brautigan Swensen: email@example.com Ianthe Brautigan Swensen
Internship Coordinator for the School
Arts and Humanities & Lecturer for Hutchins School of Liberal Studies
Sonoma State University
Wednesday:9/16--11:00 to 1:30 & 4:00 to 4:30
Thursday: 9:30 to 10:30
- Clay/Ceramics Specialist Job Open at Chop's- Part-time $16.00/hr. Ceramics Specialist is responsible for providing instruction on clay and ceramics techniques including recycling clay, glazing, hand building and wheel throwing as well as proper firing techniques including loading and unloading a kiln. The Ceramics Specialist also implements and coordinates art activities, supervises and mentors teens, including engaging them in designing and creating various forms of artwork. The Ceramics Specialist will also follow checkout/return procedures of supplies and equipment.
FALL SEMESTER INTERNSHIP
in the ART DEPARTMENT IMAGE COLLECTION
2 Units = 6 Hours per Week Scan and edit images. Learn how to use cataloging tools for recognizing, documenting, and finding images. Learn about art history while learning how to organize a large collection. Help photograph shows in the Art Gallery. Migrate Metadata. CHOOSE a cataloguing project on a specific period or artist(s).
Prerequisite: ARTH 160, 210, 211 or equivalent. Art majors preferred. Flexible hours. TO APPLY CONTACT Karen Kessel in the Image Collection, Art 107
Call 664-2145 or email at Karen.Kessel@sonoma.edu. Hours: 9 am - 5 pm Monday-Friday
- Get Involved! Healdsburg Center for the Arts has Opportunities for Interns and Volunteers Healdsburg Center for the Arts is a busy art center and invites artists and art lovers to join this bustling non-profit which brings community together through the arts. We have fun and interesting opportunities for interns and volunteers.
Volunteers make HCA work! We have openings for various volunteer tasks from gallery docent work to working at the Arts Festival.
A great experience for a young artist to learn the business of art.
Find these opportunities on our website’s volunteer page. www.healdsburgcenterforthearts.com/get-involved/volunteer
CONTACT: Vicky Kumpfer: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707.477.0568 Healdsburg Center for the Arts
130 Plaza Street
Healdsburg, CA 95448
- Instructional Student Assistant (ISA) for the Second Year Research and Creative Experience course (SYRCE) at Sonoma State University. Job tasks include: taking pictures of the class, the symposium, and others; organizing the videotaping of the end-of-semester symposium; creating a gallery for the course website; creating a poster for the symposium.
We are looking for someone familiar with Dream Weaver and website development, with experience with photography and video. We are seeking someone responsible, with good time-management skills, who works well alone and with a small group. Must be available at least some Tuesdays from 10-11:50 AM, when the class meets, and on December 15th, 2015 from 10 AM - 2 PM.
Up to an average of 5 hours with possibility to work overtime, and much schedule flexibility for website, photo processing/enhancing, and poster work.
The pay is $11.50 per hour, and we can arrange for unit credit through a form of internship, if necessary. Please contact Christine Renaudin if interested and for further information.
- Fun-Loving Artist Assistant
Painted Cellars - Santa Rosa, CA
Do you enjoy being creative and having fun with other people?
Are you a fun-loving, organized, hardworking, team player who is comfortable working in a class setting? Are you an outgoing individual who enjoys helping others? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Painted Cellars invites you to join our team in providing stellar customer service during our art classes. We are currently seeking an amazing art assistant to join our Sonoma County family!
- Studio B (based out of Sebastopol) is looking for local talent for a variety of projects. Any interested students should email B Fernandez <email@example.com> links to your work. Our studio occasionally needs: Graphic Design/Production * Web Design/Programming * Video/Editing * Animation / Info-graphics We do not have a full-time position - but build teams per project per client. I would love to use more local people when there's a good fit per project
- Juried competition
click here for registration
LACDA 2015 "Top 40" Juried Competition
Curating Juror: Joanna Szupinska-Myers
Curator of Exhibitions
California Museum of Photography
- The Imagine Bus Project (TIBP) is seeking experienced, dynamic, part-time Teaching Artists to teach in our Juvenile Hall program. We are looking to hire artists who have worked with under served populations of youth, have the ability to tailor curricula to meet the needs and abilities of students, and the site. The Teaching Artist will work in collaboration with on-site facility staff and the staff of The Imagine Bus Project, to determine and develop creative projects.
Salary: $30-40/hour and commensurate with education and experience.
- Healdsburg Center for the Arts (HCA) seeks a part time Gallery Manager 24 to 32 hours per week. Background in gallery management, museum work, or art instruction desirable. Hourly Rate range $18-$25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Now hiring for 1600 positions!! SSU students can join Galileo Camps at one of our 41 Bay Area locations or our 4 new ones SoCal. Check out our camps and positions at: http://www.galileo-camps.com/ We are the leaders in innovation education for youth. Our curriculum is called the Galileo Innovator's Approach (GIA). Due to our unique curriculum and structure we have opportunities for students from every major. Feel free to contact me with any questions about Galileo and the amazing positions we have for SSU students! I will be coming by offices to pass out flyers and schedule class presentations. I look forward to meeting more of the SSU staff, faculty, and students!
- Hendrickson Scholarship Opportunity
Upper Division Painting Majors only. Stay tuned - more information to follow
- Public Art Opportunity
City of Petaluma, CA
Water Street Riverfront
Call for Artists / Request for Qualifications (rfq)
- Sebastopol Center for the Arts announces GALLERY EXHIBITIONS 2015 - Call for Entries
- Wide Open Studios makes Signal Fire's innovative wilderness excursions available to college students, emerging artists, and anyone else who wants an immersive, hands-on, transformative arts education.
- The City of Santa Rosa Recreation & Parks in conjunction with the National Arts Program is proud to announce the 12th Annual National Arts Program Exhibition and Competition in Santa Rosa.
SSU Community for Entrepreneurial Learning & Leadership (CELL)
Is planning a huge product showcase in April where artists, craftspeople, and entrepreneurs will be able to sell and showcase to the community. A great opportunity for Artists to sell their pieces and get their work seen by a huge audience. Attached is the event description and application for space.
Students can also go to this link:
- The City of Santa Rosa Recreation & Parks in conjunction with the National Arts Program is proud to announce the 11th Annual National Arts Program Exhibition and Competition in Santa Rosa. For more information get the flier here.
- ARTstor is looking for a Library Relations Associate (K-12). The Library Relations Associate will share responsibility for expanding and supporting ARTstor Digital Library participation. More information on the attached flyer.
- CHOPS Teen Club in downtown Santa Rosa is looking for a part-time Artist & Youth Mentor. Check out the flyer for more information
- Are you in The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program? The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) on campus is looking to hire a Graphic Artist Student Assistant.
- The ARTISTS' Legacy Foundation (ALF)- in Oakland, CA is seeking two qualified candidtates for a short-term project to sort and compile a bibliographic report for a collection of wide-ranging books in its possession.