- Entrepreneurial Activities & Campus Life marketing department is looking for a creative student who is passionate about design.
The Media Specialist will assist Campus Recreation programs to create (print and digital) graphics, take photos and work on web updates. Media Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Design print collateral (flyers, brochures, posters, banners, etc.) and digital collateral (digital signage, web graphics, etc.)
• Work directly with student programmers, full-time staff and marketing staff to determine marketing needs
• Maintain brand identities
• Research and implement marketing trends
• Oversee and complete web updates
• Attend weekly programmers and marketing meetings
• Work on additional projects as assigned How to Apply:
Apply with a cover letter, resume and portfolio of graphic work to Casey Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, Casey Kelly
Entrepreneurial Activities and Campus Life
Sonoma State University
- Sonoma - USA has an opportunity for a Product Design intern. This position is located in Santa Rosa." Ideally, we're hoping for someone who is available full-time, for a period of 8-12 weeks, but we would also consider a part-time position for the right person. Compensation to be negotiated based on experience. Desired start date: ASAP!"
- Marin MOCA Summer National Juried Exhibition
The Marin Museum of Contemporary Art is holding a Juried Exhibition accepting all media! Brian Gross will be the juror for this exhibition Awards include:
First Place: $500.00
Second Place: $300.00
Third Place: $100.00
For more information, please visit The Marin MOCA page
- Artist In Residence Program, Headlands Center for the Arts
Headlands Center for the Arts is launching its Artist in Residence (AIR) program which "awards fully sponsored residencies to approximately 45 local, national, and international artists each year... Residencies of four to eight weeks include flexible studio space, chef-prepared meals, comfortable housing, and travel and living stipends." For more information, please visit Headlands Center for the Arts, Artist In Residency page
- SSU's Student Center Board of Advisors are looking to put up student art in the second floor of the student center and who better to know about student art then the Art Department themselves! Download the application form which explains the guidelines to submitting the art application, but if you still have more questions, feel free to ask either Jessica Way, Olivia Smith, or Laura Michel! We hope to hear from you!
- Call for Art, Sebastopol Center for the Arts
Sebastopol is having a call for artwork related to "The Art of the Book." Awards: Best of Show ($200) , 3 Merit Awards and Coordinator Award ($50), with a Special Student Prize: $100 for best work of artist studying book arts in 2015-2016! For more information visit the Sebastopol Call for Art Listing. To enter online, visit the EnterThingy for Sebastopol link.
- Summer Opportunity for Undergrads and Recent Graduates at Galileo Learning!
"Join an award-winning innovation education company this summer as a Team Leader, Assistant Instructor, or Lead Instructor at one of our 50+ sites in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and Chicago!
*Develop skills employers look for with a personalized professional development program.
*Assist in Art and Science classes like 3D Modeling & Printing, Go-Karts, Mod Design with Minecraft, Electric Painting Studio, and more.
*Join an inspiring community that extends beyond the camp season.
To find out more and apply, please visit our website! For questions feel free to email Rina Haack, the Regional Galileo Campus Ambassador, at
- The Intersection Magazine Submissions
Need an outlet for your emotions? The Intersection is a magazine that is being funded through The Hub and is taking submissions of art for its theme of "Different sides of Opression." Submissions are free and there are no criteria. This is a great way to apply your emotions and get published! To email your submissions or any questions in general, email email@example.com
- City of Sebastopol Public Art Project
The City of Sebastopol Public Arts Committee is seeking qualifications from California-based artists for the design, fabrication, and installation of permanent, durable, and low-maintenance original public art suitable for placement on City-owned property. Experience with public process, and demonstrated success in conceiving, fabricating, and installing durable artworks is also desirable. Up to a $1,000 honorarium will be provided to the selected finalists who chose to continue in the process. Application Packet can be found here: Application packet
- Imagine Bus Assistant Teaching Artist
The Imagine Bus Project "is seeking an experience dynamic, Assistant Teaching Arist to support [their] Jovenile Hall arts program in Sonoma County, CA." Hourly Rates varies from $25-30/hour and commensurate with education and experience. Must have minium 1 year of classroom support/teaching experience in the visual arts. For more application packet and more information click here!
- Blue Lakes Fine Arts Camp Positions
is a non-profit summer school of the arts. It "is offering more than 200 staff positions to motivated college musicians and artists." They "are currently in the process of hiring staff for our 2016 season (June 19 – August 21) and are searching for enthusiastic and talented college students to fill positions." They " are in need of exceptional visual art majors." For more information, visit the Blue Lake Employment website.
- Jim Goldberg Internship
Photographer and artist, Jim Goldberg, who recently moved his studio from San Francisco to Cotati, California is looking to continue his prestigious internship program in the North Bay. The studio is currently seeking talented and reliable undergraduate or graduate students for semester-long internships in a fast-paced artist/photographer’s studio. Applicants should be organized, professional, and have an exceptional understanding of digital photography. For more information, Official posting can be found here: Internship posting.
- BIG! Mental Health Awareness Sculpture Opportunity
Rodef Sholom, a synagogue in San Rafael, CA is currently accepting proposals from local artists to create a 6-foot tree sculpture to promote Mental Health Awareness month this May. The stipend is $1200, with up to $500 in materials! Proposals are due by February 15th! For more information, click here!
- "Passion for the Arts" Exhibition
Sebastopol Center for the Arts is holding a juried exhibition for High School and College-level artists called "Passion for the Arts." There is a $10 entry fee per art work (or 3 for $25). There will be 4 merit awards of $100! For more information click here
- Digital Imaging Specialist
Sony has listed in the college career site for a digital imaging specialist position. The position is 30 hours a week and pays $16-20. "Students that are currently taking Digital Imaging and/or Photography classes are already learning the skills that qualify them for this positon". For more information, visit this link.
- Graphic Design Position
The Entrepreneural and Campus Life Department is hiring students for their Marketing positions in Graphic Design! The "Graphic Designer will help conceptualize graphic materials and ensure continuity across all platforms, including print and digital. You will be designing small print flyers, digital advertisements, large format event banners and more, all seen by the campus community!" For more information and application instruction, Click Here to download the Word Document.
- Home Design Assistance Internship
Robert Federighi, Inc, a interior design, home, staging, and project assistance company in Novato currently has an unpaid internship opening available for next semester. Click Here for the job description.
- Looking for Docents
Sebastopol Center for the Arts is looking for docents (volunteers). "Be a part of the 'heart' of the center. Our docents make it all look so easy - but behind this volunteer position is lots of work, lots of fun and your chance to be in the center of the art swirl at the center." If interested click here for the application.
- Collections Management Internship
di Rosa Art Gallery is currently looking for an intern for its Collections Management department. "The purpose of the collections management internship is to work closely with various aspects of maintaining a permanent artwork collection, including physical inventory of the permanent collection, maintenance of the archival artist files, documenting artwork conditions, and database mangement."
Applicants must submit a resume and a brief letter of interest (cover letter) to Kara Smith with the subject line "Collections Management Intern." You may also mail your application to 5200 Sonoma Highway, Napa, CA 94559. Official job posting can be found here Collections Management Intership Job Posting
- Gallery Guide Position
The di Rosa Art Gallery is currently looking to fill a position for a Gallery Guide in the Department of Exhibitions. 'The Gallery Guide plays an essential role in providing hospitality and information to patrons who visit di Rosa's Gatehouse Gallery. The Gallery Guide employs skills in three areas: education, visitor services, and security."
Applicants must submit a resume and a brief letter of interest (cover letter) to Kara Smith with the subject line "Gallery Guide." You may also mail your application to 5200 Sonoma Highway, Napa, CA 94559. Official job posting can be found here Gallery Guide Job Posting
- Oliver Soup Co. Label
Chef Christina is currently looking for someone to design her new soup company label! She is looking for an artisinal and botanical with fruits and veggies for her label, however she is open to suggestion. Compensation is negotiable. For more information, please contact Christina Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRA-funded Undergraduate Research/Creative Project Grants for Student Applicants
As a part of its allocation of Instructionally Related Activity Fees, the Fee Advisory Committee has once again funded the Undergraduate Research/Creative Project Grant Program, the purpose of which is to encourage independent research and creative projects by Sonoma State undergraduates. These funds are designed to aid undergraduates in the purchase of supplies and equipment and other expenses they may incur in their projects, such as travel to present their projects at off-campus venues. A maximum of $750 will be awarded to each undergraduate recipient, with an average award of $500. Visit the SSU SOURCE Grants Awards Page to find the application.
- Clay/Ceramics Specialist Job Open at Chop's-
Part-time $16.00/hr. Ceramics Specialist is responsible for providing instruction on clay and ceramics techniques including recycling clay, glazing, hand building and wheel throwing as well as proper firing techniques including loading and unloading a kiln. The Ceramics Specialist also implements and coordinates art activities, supervises and mentors teens, including engaging them in designing and creating various forms of artwork. The Ceramics Specialist will also follow checkout/return procedures of supplies and equipment.
FALL SEMESTER INTERNSHIP
in the ART DEPARTMENT IMAGE COLLECTION
2 Units = 6 Hours per Week Scan and edit images. Learn how to use cataloging tools for recognizing, documenting, and finding images. Learn about art history while learning how to organize a large collection. Help photograph shows in the Art Gallery. Migrate Metadata. CHOOSE a cataloguing project on a specific period or artist(s).
Prerequisite: ARTH 160, 210, 211 or equivalent. Art majors preferred. Flexible hours. TO APPLY CONTACT Karen Kessel in the Image Collection, Art 107
Call 664-2145 or email at Karen.Kessel@sonoma.edu. Hours: 9 am - 5 pm Monday-Friday
- Get Involved! Healdsburg Center for the Arts has Opportunities for Interns and Volunteers Healdsburg Center for the Arts is a busy art center and invites artists and art lovers to join this bustling non-profit which brings community together through the arts. We have fun and interesting opportunities for interns and volunteers.
Volunteers make HCA work! We have openings for various volunteer tasks from gallery docent work to working at the Arts Festival.
A great experience for a young artist to learn the business of art.
Find these opportunities on our website’s volunteer page. www.healdsburgcenterforthearts.com/get-involved/volunteer
CONTACT: Vicky Kumpfer: email@example.com or 707.477.0568 Healdsburg Center for the Arts
130 Plaza Street
Healdsburg, CA 95448
- Instructional Student Assistant (ISA) for the Second Year Research and Creative Experience course (SYRCE) at Sonoma State University. Job tasks include: taking pictures of the class, the symposium, and others; organizing the videotaping of the end-of-semester symposium; creating a gallery for the course website; creating a poster for the symposium.
We are looking for someone familiar with Dream Weaver and website development, with experience with photography and video. We are seeking someone responsible, with good time-management skills, who works well alone and with a small group. Must be available at least some Tuesdays from 10-11:50 AM, when the class meets, and on December 15th, 2015 from 10 AM - 2 PM.
Up to an average of 5 hours with possibility to work overtime, and much schedule flexibility for website, photo processing/enhancing, and poster work.
The pay is $11.50 per hour, and we can arrange for unit credit through a form of internship, if necessary. Please contact Christine Renaudin if interested and for further information.
- Fun-Loving Artist Assistant
Painted Cellars - Santa Rosa, CA
Do you enjoy being creative and having fun with other people?
Are you a fun-loving, organized, hardworking, team player who is comfortable working in a class setting? Are you an outgoing individual who enjoys helping others? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Painted Cellars invites you to join our team in providing stellar customer service during our art classes. We are currently seeking an amazing art assistant to join our Sonoma County family!
- Studio B (based out of Sebastopol) is looking for local talent for a variety of projects. Any interested students should email B Fernandez <firstname.lastname@example.org> links to your work. Our studio occasionally needs: Graphic Design/Production * Web Design/Programming * Video/Editing * Animation / Info-graphics We do not have a full-time position - but build teams per project per client. I would love to use more local people when there's a good fit per project
- The Imagine Bus Project (TIBP) is seeking experienced, dynamic, part-time Teaching Artists to teach in our Juvenile Hall program. We are looking to hire artists who have worked with under served populations of youth, have the ability to tailor curricula to meet the needs and abilities of students, and the site. The Teaching Artist will work in collaboration with on-site facility staff and the staff of The Imagine Bus Project, to determine and develop creative projects.
Salary: $30-40/hour and commensurate with education and experience.
- Healdsburg Center for the Arts (HCA) seeks a part time Gallery Manager 24 to 32 hours per week. Background in gallery management, museum work, or art instruction desirable. Hourly Rate range $18-$25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Now hiring for 1600 positions!! SSU students can join Galileo Camps at one of our 41 Bay Area locations or our 4 new ones SoCal. Check out our camps and positions at: http://www.galileo-camps.com/ We are the leaders in innovation education for youth. Our curriculum is called the Galileo Innovator's Approach (GIA). Due to our unique curriculum and structure we have opportunities for students from every major. Feel free to contact me with any questions about Galileo and the amazing positions we have for SSU students! I will be coming by offices to pass out flyers and schedule class presentations. I look forward to meeting more of the SSU staff, faculty, and students!
- Wide Open Studios makes Signal Fire's innovative wilderness excursions available to college students, emerging artists, and anyone else who wants an immersive, hands-on, transformative arts education.
SSU Community for Entrepreneurial Learning & Leadership (CELL)
Is planning a huge product showcase in April where artists, craftspeople, and entrepreneurs will be able to sell and showcase to the community. A great opportunity for Artists to sell their pieces and get their work seen by a huge audience. Attached is the event description and application for space.
Students can also go to this link:
- ARTstor is looking for a Library Relations Associate (K-12). The Library Relations Associate will share responsibility for expanding and supporting ARTstor Digital Library participation. More information on the attached flyer.
- CHOPS Teen Club in downtown Santa Rosa is looking for a part-time Artist & Youth Mentor. Check out the flyer for more information
- Are you in The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program? The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) on campus is looking to hire a Graphic Artist Student Assistant.
Are you an employer or contest organizer looking for a post on our website? Email us with contact information, a brief description of the opportunity, and a .pdf of a flyer (if possible) to email@example.com !