Accessible Powerpoint with LecShare
LecShare is an application that allows you to make your Microsoft PowerPoint presentations much more accessible to people with disabilities. Lecshare can export your PowerPoint presentation to accessible HTML and MS Word format, as well as save any accessibility repairs you make back to your original PPT file. Thanks to the SSU Enact project, SSU has a site license making LecShare available to all current faculty, staff and students.
- Create accessible HTML versions of your presentation
- Easily check for and correct accessibility issues:
- Alternative text for images
- Table headings
- Chard data presented in tables
- Content read order
- Proper slide titles
- Include a Table of Contents
- Include Lecturer's Notes
- Meets Section 508, WCAG requirements
- XHTML Strict output.
Upgrading to LecShare Pro
The SSU site license provides a discounted price for LecShare Pro. LecShare Pro has these additional features:
- Record audio
- Import audio
- Create Captioned Quicktime Movies using the Lecturer's Notes
- Create MPEG-4 Video files (works with Video iPod and other MPEG-4 viewers)
Lab, Classroom & Library Use
Lecshare is available in all IT Labs, and Tech Classroom computers. It is also installed on all public computers in the University Library.
Faculty and staff using IT-managed SSUITE computers can contact the IT Help Desk to request LecShare installation.
Support for LecShare and LecShare Pro
LecShare and LecShare Pro are very easy to use. LecShare comes with buit-in Help menu. LecShare Pro has more extensive Help files online.