Welcome to the Psychology Department!
Psychology is the study of the mind, behavior and experience. The department's historical roots in humanistic psychology have evolved to include contemporary topics such as health and wellness, mindfulness, ecopsychology, optimal development, and multi-cultural competence. Psychology is an extremely diverse field that attracts people with a wide variety of backgrounds, interests, and skills. Our goal is to empower students with the psychological knowledge and practical skills that will enable them to be effective agents of change in the world.
The Psychology Department offers a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Master of Arts in Psychology with an emphasis on Depth Psychology, Program information: http://www.sonoma.edu/depth/.
Department News and Announcements
- Spring Health Career Symposium for Youth: "Mi Futuro esta en Carreras de Salud: My Future is in Healthcare Careers" - January 27 from 8:30am-2:30pm SRJC
- Congratulations to Dr. Michael DeBellis for obtaining his ABN!
- Congratulations to Mitchell Jenson, winner of best poster presentation at the 46th annual Western Psychology Conference for Undergraduate Research!
- Volunteer with Verity, Sonoma County's only rape crisis center
- Volunteer with CASA of Sonoma County
- Advising Videos
- Academic calendar
- Registration dates & information