Welcome to the Psychology Department!
Psychology is the study of the mind, behavior and experience. The department's historical roots in humanistic psychology have evolved to include contempory topices such as health and wellness, mindfulness, ecopsychology, optimal development, and multi-cultural competence. Psychology is an extremely diverse field that attracts people with a wide variety of backgrounds, interests, and skills. Our goal is to empower students with the psychological knowledge and practical skills that will enable them to be effective agents of change in the world.
The Psychology Department offers a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Master of Arts in Psychology with an emphasis on Depth Psychology, Program information: http://www.sonoma.edu/depth/).
Department News and Announcements
- Click here to read a recent blog post about Professor Heather Smith's research
- Click here to download The Relationship Between the Severity of Autism and the Caregiver-Child Interaction published by Dr. Jessica Hobson and her colleagues
- Volunteer with Verity, Sonoma County's only rape crisis center
- Volunteer with CASA of Sonoma County
- Academic calendar
- Registration dates & information