Welcome to the SSU Portfolio!
The WASC Commission has reaffirmed the accreditation of Sonoma State University at its meeting February 17-19, 2010. The Commission confirmed “that Sonoma State University has satisfactorily addressed the Core Commitments to Institutional Capacity and Educational Effectiveness, and has successfully complete the three-stage review conducted under the WASC Standards of Accreditation.” The Commission also wishes “to express its appreciation for the extensive work that the university undertook in preparing for and supporting this accreditation review.”
The Commission is asking for an interim report, due by November 2012 to address progress on three topics: undergraduate retention and graduation, per the CSU’s initiative on closing the achievement gap; progress toward completing the “accountability loop” in the university’s assessment of student learning and program review process; and progress in rejuvenating and assessing general education.
Click below for the full text of the WASC Commission letter dated March 11, 2010.
The WASC Visiting Team included:
- Paul L. Gaston, Trustees Professor, Kent State University, Chair
- Nalsey B. Tinberg, Professor of Mathematics, Occidental College, Assistant Chair/Editor
- Desdemona Cardoza, Provost, CSU, Los Angeles
- Cecile Lindsay, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, CSU, Long Beach
- Dennis D. Muraoka, Interim Associate Provost, CSU, Channel Islands
- Terry M. Wildman, Director, Center for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Virginia Polytechnic Institute