|SSU Portfolio Home >> PUBLIC FORUM AGENDA|
WASC ACCREDITATION PUBLIC FORUM
THURSDAY, APRIL 28, 2005
NOON-1 PM IN PERSON THEATER
1. ARSC (Accreditation Review Steering Committee) Noon-12:15
- Eduardo M. Ochoa, Provost
- Andy Merrifield, Professor, Political Science
- Co-Chairs, ARSC
Presentation of possible themes or issues that will be explored during the accreditation process
2. Public Input: What really matters? 12:15-12:45This is your opportunity to also propose issues and themes that concern institutional priorities and needs; they should be comprehensive, involving several areas of the university; at least one of the themes selected must address student learning; and they must have appropriate scope and consequence for the university.
Individually (or in small groups with those seated around you) discuss the following questions and then present them to the larger group:
- What are other major institutional issues or topics facing SSU?
- Do any of these issues relate to student learning?
- Do any of these topics fit within the three themes presented by the steering committee? If so, where.
- Which university constituencies would be engaged by these issues?
If you wish, you may also turn these written comments in to the committee at the end of the meeting.
3. Next StepsThe ARSC will review the comments made today, incorporate them and announce the final themes chosen.
4. Ways to communicate with the committee:The SSU Portfolio: www.sonoma.edu/aa/portfolio
All information about the accreditation process will be on the web site. There is also a link to a discussion forum that will be open to students, faculty, and staff.
You may submit your ideas and comments directly by email to:
Elaine Sundberg, Accreditation Liaison Officer