Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
- University Library
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Business and Economics
- School of Education
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Social Sciences
- Student Services Professional - Academic Related
- Temporary Positions
- Post-doctoral Fellow Positions
- Coaching Positions
- Instructions for Applicants
Faculty are usually hired at the rank of assistant professor, with an earned doctorate normally required by the time of appointment. However, some recruitments will allow for completion of the degree within a set time after hiring, and if this is the case, it will be outlined in the announcement. Some positions may be advertised at assistant/associate professor, and highly competitive candidates may be considered for those positions at the higher rank. The university offers an excellent benefits package.
Sonoma State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty to reflect the diversity of the State of California.
All position announcements are in PDF format.
|103643||Senior Assistant Librarian, First-Year Instruction and Outreach (CLOSED)|
|103648||Assistant Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies and American Literature/American Studies (CLOSED)|
|103656||Assistant Professor, Philosophy (CLOSED)|
|No openings at this time.|
|103653||Assistant Professor, Curriculum Studies and Secondary Education (CLOSED)|
|103631||Assistant Professor, Biology (CLOSED)|
|103632||Assistant or Associate Professor, Mathematics and Statistics (CLOSED)|
|103663||Assistant Professor, Computer Science (CLOSED)|
|103633||Assistant Professor, Counseling (CLOSED)|
|103647||Assistant Professor, Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies (CLOSED)|
|103649||Assistant Professor, Sociology (CLOSED)|
|No openings at this time.|
- Read the position announcement closely.
- Submit a letter of application electronically for each requisition to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include all documents listed in the position announcement.
- Attachments should be in Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), Rich Text Format (RTF), or Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Closing dates are indicated in the announcement.
- All materials must be submitted directly to email@example.com. Do not send application materials directly to the department.
- Submit questions regarding the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific questions regarding the position should be directed to the chair of the search committee listed in the announcement.
- If you are selected for an interview, the search committee chair of the hiring department will contact you to complete the Application for Academic Employment with instructions for submission.
- Official graduate transcripts are required at the time of hire.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is contingent upon our meeting expectations for enrollment. Should enrollments in the University, the Department, or the courses assigned to the individual tentatively selected not meet current predictions, the University reserves the right to cancel the appointment. If this unlikely situation were to arise, the individual tentatively selected would be paid on a pro-rata basis for those class sessions taught before the cancellation of the appointment.
Note: Sonoma State University hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All offers of employment are contingent upon presentation of documents demonstrating the appointee's identity and eligibility to work in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Sonoma State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity. We seek a broad spectrum of candidates including members of underrepresented groups. Individuals with disabling conditions who require accommodation during the recruitment process may contact the ADA Coordinator at 707/664-2227 or TDD (using the California Relay Service) at 877/735-2929