Retention & Graduation Rates
Graduation Rates OverviewEach year Institutional Research in collaboartion with Enrollment Management collects information to determine retention and graduation rates. Graduation Rates as defined by IPEDS is a collection of data on the cohort of first-time, full-time, degree/certificate-seeking undergraduates and tracks them for 150% and 200% of the normal time of their program to see how many complete. This information is collected as part of the Student-Right-to-Know Act.
Retention rate is the percentage of a school’s first-time, first-year undergraduate students who continue at that school the next year. For example, a student who studies full-time in the fall semester and keeps on studying in the program in the next fall semester is counted in this rate.
Graduation Rate 200 is a further extension of the traditional Graduation Rate component. GR200 carries over 100% and 150% graduation rate data from previous cohorts and reports additional six-year completers and exclusions between 151% and 200% of normal time to completion.
Transfers is the percentage of a school’s first-time, first-year undergraduate students who transfer to another college within 150% of the published time for the program. For example, a student who is in a four-year degree program is counted as a transfer if the student goes to another college within six years.A school is required to report only on those students that the school knows have transferred to another school. A school must document that the student actually transferred. If it is not part of your mission, you may report transfer-out data if you wish.
Data Reporting defines a student cohort as a student in the cohort that remains in the cohort, even if they switch to part-time or drop out. However, adjustments can be made to the initial cohort for exclusions, which include the death of a student, permanent disability, military deployment, or an official church mission.
- California Community College Transfer Graduation & Persistence Rates Sophomore & Above 2002-2011 PDF
- First-Time Freshmen 2nd-7 Year Retention Rates by Gender, Ethnicity & Comparison Group XLSX
- First-Time Freshmen Full-Time by Gender & Ethnicity 2000-2009 PDF
- First-Time Freshmen Full-Time Declaring Majors in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) 2000-2009 by Gender & Ethnicity PDF
- First-Time Freshmen Cohort Degree Completion Rates by Institution 2002-2007 PDF
- First-Time Freshmen Cohort Bachelor's Degree 4-7 Year Graduation Rates by Gender, Ethnicity & Comparison Group XLSX
- First-time Freshmen & Junior Transfer Completions 2007 Cohort PDF
- Fall 2003-2009 Cohort Graduation & Persistance Comparison Report PDF
- Graduation Rates 2007 Cohort Four-Five-Six Year
- Graduation 2007 Cohort Four and Transfer-Out Rates
- One Year Retention Rate & Six Year Graduation & Retention Rates 1989 to Present
- STEM 2010 2nd Year Retention Comparison Summary Report PDF