University Development Accomplishments 2009-2010
- The University raised $3.5 million from 2,200 donors in 2009-2010.
Approximately two-thirds of the gifts were designated for
scholarships, endowments and other campus programs. Approximately
one-third of the gifts were designated for the Green Music
Center capital campaign and future operations.
Alumni Relations/Alumni Association
- The Alumni online community and alumni Facebook page were
launched with an appeal to younger alums.
- A monthly email alumni newsletter attracted more readers
and combined with new online event membership and event registration
resulted in greatly increased participation.
- A young alumni group was launched with the first event in
San Francisco attracting more than 100 alums.
- A two-day career workshop was conducted with sold out sessions.
- The redesigned Distinguished Alumni event attracted record
participation. The first reunion for lifetime members of
the Alumni Association was held with great success.
Annual Giving Program
- The Annual Giving program continued its efforts to increase
participation and encourage alums to reconnect and give to
their school or department resulting in a 50% increase in
giving despite the economic downturn. A test pilot was launched
with SSU student callers to 2009 graduates to ask them to
participate in the annual fund resulting in a 54% response
- Scholarship endowment donors generously responded to an appeal
to help meet the economic crisis by giving outright gifts
to support SSU students to supplement the diminished annual