FILING INFORMATION, DATES & DEADLINES
Do you know how to access your SSU Online Services? Find out about MySSU and other online services.
Spring 2016 Admissions
August 1 to August 31
In the event that Sonoma State University receives a large volume of applications, priority will be given as follows:
- Associate Degree for Transfer students (SB1440) from our local service area.
- Local service area students. Service area will be determined based on address, county of residence and last college or university attended.
- Applicants from outside our service area will be accommodated based on capacity. Please be advised that you should apply to other CSUs that are also open for spring as Sonoma State University cannot guarantee that your application will be processed.
- All applications will be processed based on first choice major; alternate majors will not be considered.
- If you are applying to an impacted major please refer to the impacted major criteria for additional admissions criteria.
**Due to enrollment constraints, we advise students to apply to more than one campus.**
August 1 to Expected Closure Date as listed
- Biology – Expected closure October 31, 2015
- Education – Expected closure varies by program. Priority deadline of September 2015, afterward on a space‐available basis (to be determined by department).
- ITDS – Must contact department for approval to apply. Contact person is David Hartranft: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MPA – Expected closure October 30, 2015
Graduate programs not listed will not be accepting applications for Spring 2016.
Fall 2015 Admissions
October 1 to November 30
- First Time Freshmen - CLOSED
- Upper Division Transfer - CLOSED
- Lower Division Transfer - (SSU does not accept applications at this level.)
- Second Bachelors - CLOSED (SSU does not accept applications at this level.)
October 1 to Expected Closure Date as Listed
- OPEN to the following programs:
- Biology Program (Closed)
- Counseling Program (Closed)
- Credentials and Education Program (Deadline varies by program. For details go to the Credentials and Education Program website)
- Cultural Resource Management Program (Closed)
- English Program (Closed)
- History Program (Closed)
- Interdisciplinary Studies Program (Closed)
- Kinesiology Program (Expected closure May 29, 2015. Applications received after May 29, 2015 will be reviewed on a space-available basis)
- Master's in Business Administration Program (MBA) (Expected closure May 25, 2015)
- Master's in Computer & Engineering Science (Expected closure June 30, 2015. For details go to the Master's in Computer & Engineering Science website )
- Master's in Public Administration Program (MPA) (Closed)
- Nursing Program (Closed)
- Organization Development (Expected closure June 30, 2015. For details go to the Organization Development website)
- Psychology. For details go to the Psychology website)
- CLOSED to Second Bachelors
- CLOSED to Unclassified Post baccalaureate