FILING INFORMATION, DATES & DEADLINES
Do you know how to access your SSU Online Services? Find out about MySSU and other online services.
FALL 2017 ADMISSIONS
October 1 to November 30
- First Time Freshmen
- First Time Freshmen cannot apply to the following programs:
- Human Development
- Liberal Studies Ukiah
- Upper Division Transfer
- Closed to Lower Division Transfer
- Closed to Second Bachelors - Except for Nursing
October 1 to Expected Closure Date as Listed
- OPEN to the following programs:
- Biology (Expected closure date January 31, 2017)
- Master's in Business Administration Program (MBA) (Expected closure date April 30, 2017)
- Counseling Program (Expected closure date January 13, 2017)
- Credentials (Priority deadline February 28, 2017. May be accepted afterward on space-available basis. Contact the School of Education)
- Education MA (Priority deadline May 1, 2017. May be accepted afterward on space-available basis. Contact the School of Education)
- English (Priority deadline January 6, 2017. Final deadline March 10, 2017)
- History (Expected closure date February 15, 2017)
- ITDS (Must get approval to apply. Contact David Hartranft)
- Nursing (Expected closure date January 31, 2017)
- Master's in Psychology (Depth) (expected closure date March 31. For more details go to the Psychology website)
- Master's in Public Administration (MPA) (Expected closure date March 30, 2017)
- Master's in Computer & Engineering Science (Expected closure March 30, 2017. For details go to the Master's in Computer & Engineering Science website)
- Organization Development (Expected closure March 30, 2017, afterward in a space-available basis. For details go to the Organization Development website.)
- Master's in Spanish (expected closure date for Summer 2017 admissions is February 28, 2017. For more details go to the Spanish website)
- CLOSED to the following programs:
- Kinesiology Program (Not accepting application for Fall 2017)
- Master's in Cultural Resources Management (closed on January 31, 2017)
- CLOSED to Unclassified Post Baccalaureate
October 1 to April 30
Graduate programs and programs in the School of Extended and International Education have different deadlines that are often earlier than April and can vary program to program. International students applying to these programs must meet these deadlines. Please refer to the graduate program deadlines above or visit the SEIE site for further program and application information.
SPRING 2017 ADMISSIONS
August 1 to September 30
- Closed to upper-division applicants.
- Closed to lower-division applicants. All admitted students will be undeclared.
- Closed to the following majors for upper division applications:
- Nursing (applications are only accepted in the fall)
- Human Development
- Hutchins School of Liberals Studies
- Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies
- Psychology (Will only consider local students who will complete their Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)by the end of the fall semester)
- Closed to second bachelor's degree
- Closed to first-time freshman applicants.
Sonoma State University will be accepting applications for the Spring 2017 term from August 1-31, 2016. Please be advised that due to enrollment constraints and space availability we may be unable to process your application regardless of the major you apply to. We recommend that you also apply to other CSU campuses. We will notify applicants by October 1, 2016 if their application will be reviewed or if we are not able to accommodate all the applications.
In the event that Sonoma State University receives a large volume of applications, priority will be given as follows:
- Associate Degree for Transfer students (SB1440) from our local service area, based on availability by major.
- Local service area students, based on availability by major. Service area will be determined based on address, county of residence and last college or university attended.
- Applicants from outside our service area will be accommodated based on space capacity. Please be advised that you should apply to other CSUs that are also open for spring as Sonoma State University cannot guarantee that your application will be processed.
- All applications will be processed based on first choice major; alternate majors may be considered based on space availability. Once an offer of admissions is made into a major no subsequent major changes are guaranteed. Major changes are subject to department approval.
- If you are applying to an impacted major please refer to the impacted major criteria for additional admissions criteria.
**Due to enrollment constraints, we advise students to apply to more than one CSU campus.**
August 1 to Expected Closure Date as Listed
- Biology – Closed October 31, 2016.
- Education (Credential programs) – Accepting Applications for credential prerequisites. Please contact the School of Education for more information.
- Education (MA programs) – Priority deadline of November 30, 2016. Applications received after this date will be reviewed on a space-available basis (please contact the School of Education for more information).
- Interdisciplinary Studies – Must contact department for approval to apply. Contact person is David Hartranft.
- MPA – Closed October 31, 2016.
Graduate programs not listed will not be accepting applications for Spring 2017.
Programs in the School of Extended and International Education have different deadlines. Please see the SEIE website for program and application information.