College Student Counselors
All of SKC's counselors are all highly motivated college students. They bring a variety of experiences in working with children to camp and all are trained in risk management, First Aid, CPR, teaching techniques, and have AED certifications.
Children never get bored of the same old routine at Camp! Weekly themes make it possible for Super Kids to expect new adventures and fun every time they come to camp.
Each week campers are invited into the college experience by the faculty and staff of Sonoma State University. Past explorations have been a backstage tour of Pearson Theater, a chemistry magic show, the butterfly garden, and much more!
On Wednesdays, we load up on school buses and head out into the community. The costs of all field trips are included in the weekly rate. Field trips in the past have found us at Spring Lake, Cal Skate and the Exploratorium! Keep checking the website for a complete and updated list of this summer's field trips.
Every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, we enjoy a couple of hours in the beautiful SSU pool. Lifeguards and Counselors are on duty and campers of all swimming levels are encouraged to participate.
Rock Wall Climbing
Every Monday, campers experience the adrenaline rush of rock climbing on the fabulous SSU rock climbing wall!
Low Ropes Course
A low ropes course offers an opportunity for groups to work together to accomplish common goals and objectives as a team. A ropes course focuses on both individual and group development by encouraging teamwork, problem solving, communication, trust and lots of fun! Sonoma State University's Low Ropes Course is located at the Recreation Center.
Every Friday afternoon, Super Kids are treated to a special surprise. Past special events have included giant water slides, junior Olympics, visits from the county K-9 unit, dance parties, and much more!
More Camp Features
- Welcomes campers ages 5-11, and groups them by age for daily activities.
- Maintains approximately an 8-to-1 camper-to-staff ratio.
- Provides a variety of fun and creative age-appropriate activities.
- Employs a highly motivated and energetic group of diverse college students.
- Requires its staff to attend a complete training before camp starts.
- Utilizes the facilities of the beautiful Sonoma State University campus.
- Awards each camper one Super Kids Camp t-shirt for the summer.