Step Six: Evaluating Your Decision
Ask yourself, Is this decision working out the way I had hoped?
Come up with changes or new choices as you improve your decision-making skills.
The following list of questions may help you review your career decision-making process:
- 1. What preparations can I begin to make today to help with my career decision?
- 2. Do I have a list of short-,medium-, and long-term objectives drawn up?
- 3. Do I understand my aptitudes, strengths, personality and interests?
- 4. Do I understand the type of environment I would prefer to work in?
- 5. What community resources are available to assist me in my career decision-making?
- 6. Do I understand the educational and technical requirements of the career or position Im interested in?
- 7. What is the long-term outlook for the industry? Where do I expect to be in one, three and five years?
- 8. How willing am I to take risks?
- 9. Do I understand the process of changing jobs and/or careers?