What do Faculty Do?
Tenured and tenure-track faculty have three jobs. Their primary job is teaching, followed by scholarship and service. Lecturers, also called instructors, adjuncts, part-time, and temporary, are hired to teach particular courses. They may or may not participate in the other two jobs.
- Learn more about service-learning and other community engaged teaching methods.
- Learn more about what research shows about the impact of service-learning on community partners.
- Learn more about the value of service-learning.
Second, faculty are required to participate in scholarship. This might look like research, creative activity, and the publishing and presenting of that scholarship.
- Learn more about community engaged participatory research (CBPR) and other community engaged scholarship methods.
- Learn more about the value of CBPR for community partners.
Contact the CCE to learn more about how to connect with faculty for CBPR other community engaged scholarship.
Third, they are also required to do service to the University, which usually looks like committee work. Additionally, at SSU, they are also required to do community service.
Contact us to learn more about how to connect with faculty for community service.