Professor Robert Faux
- Lecturer in Criminology & Criminal Justice Studies
- J.D., University of Michigan
- M.A., University of Nancy, France
- B.A., Princeton University
Office: Stevenson Hall 2084
Phone: (707) 664-2934
Areas of Expertise:
Criminal Justice, Mental Health, Civil Litigation and Constitutional Law.
I have precticed law as a Federal Education Attorney in Washington., D.C. and as a civil litigator and Public Defender in Sonoma County, the latter for over 20 years. I have taught previoiusly
at SSU a course on Mental Health and the Law and most recently I was a Lecturer in Administration of Justice at the University of Hawaii-Maui College.
My partiuclar interests are in Criminal and Constitutional Law, particularly as to procedure and defendants' rights, Political Science, History and International Relations. I had published two in-house manuals for the Sonoma County Public Defenders Office on mental health issues and alternative treatment programs.
- CCJS 405, Rights of the Accused
- CCJS 489, Civil Liberties & Constitution