School of Education Applications and Admissions FAQs
a. Attend one of our Information Workshops. The workshops will review all of the application requirements for obtaining a credential in California. Workshops are offered the first Monday of every month for Multiple Subject Program, second Monday of every month for Single Subject Program, and third Monday of every month for Special Education Program.
Workshops are held at 4:30 p.m. on the first floor of the Schulz Library Room 1121.
b . Email the Credentials Office at: email@example.com to ask questions or receive information OR call the Credentials Office at 707-664-2832 for information.
2. Can I speak with an academic advisor before I’m admitted to a program?
a. Yes, please visit the following link for School of Education Credential and Master’s Degree Academic Advisors.
These courses are offered during Summer, Spring, and Fall semesters. Apply for Fall or Spring as a graduate student via www.csumentor.edu. Summer registration is offered through the Office of Extended Education and begins mid-March. Prerequisites must be completed prior to beginning a credential program.
At the current tuition rate for the 2015-2016 school year and including all associated fees for exams, parking, and textbooks for three semesters, we estimate the cost to be $15,000. Please visit the following link for more information about Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid information.
5. Where do I send transcripts?
Official transcripts are required for the Program Application and the CSU Mentor Application. Send transcripts to both the Credentials Office and Admissions and Records.
6. What exams do I need to apply?
- The GRE is not required for any of our credential or Master's degree programs.
- All basic credential programs require basic skills and subject matter competency exams to be met prior to beginning a program.
- All candidates who need to meet the subject matter competence requirement for a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential must earn passing scores on CSET: Multiple Subjects.
- Candidates applying for a Single Subject Teaching Credential or an Education Specialist Instruction Credential may pass the appropriate examination(s) of the CSET as one method of satisfying the subject matter competence requirement.
7. Can I apply to the credential program before I take my exams?
Yes, but please submit appointment details for your scheduled exams. We recommend taking your exams no later than January for Fall admission OR July for Spring admission.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Admissions Advising see the Advising page