School of Education Program Advisors and FAQs
Admissions Process Help
For guidance with the application and admissions process, we recommend that you attend an Information Workshop which provides an overview of the program application packets, test information, deadlines, and advising information. Learn more about Information Workshops here, or contact the Credentials Office at 707-664-2483, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advising – School of Education Program Advisors
Program advisors provide advising to prospective students regarding program issues and questions. These may include questions such as: What’s a regular course load like? What’s student teaching like? How does a part time student proceed through the program? What are typical courses like? What if I want to take prerequisites at another institution? For a comprehensive list of School of Education program advisors and their contact information, visit www.sonoma.edu/education/programs/program_advisors.pdf.
Advising – Subject Matter Program Advisors
Subject matter program advisors provide assistance to applicants who are seeking an evaluation of transcripts to determine if they qualify for subject matter competency (waivers) or who are seeking advice on how to prepare for the CSET exams. For a comprehensive list of Subject Matter program advisors and their contact information, visit: www.sonoma.edu/education/programs/subject_matter_advisors.pdf.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Admissions Advising
1. How can I know which classes transfer?
If you think you have courses that were taken elsewhere that meet prerequisite or Credential Program requirements, you can email the credentials office at email@example.com for information on getting an evaluation of a course(s).
2. Which classes transfer from the Santa Rosa JC?
- Generally speaking, courses from Santa Rosa JC or other junior or community colleges do not meet credential program requirements.
- JC or Community College courses can meet prerequisites or may be equivalent to some courses required for undergraduate degrees.
- If you believe you have JC or community college courses that can count towards prerequisites or a specific undergraduate major, please email the credentials office at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. I need someone to review my transcripts and tell me what applies towards the credential program.
If you think you have courses that were taken elsewhere that meet prerequisite or credential program requirements, you can email the credentials office at email@example.com for information on getting an evaluation of a course(s).