Why Choose SSU's School of Education to Advance Your Career?
Top Ten Reasons:
- Students attend small classes taught by faculty who care about you and your success as a new teacher
- Courses combine the best of face-to-face and online learning experiences
- Faculty are graduates from prestigious doctoral programs and collaborate with local school districts
providing professional development
- Candidates’ field placements in schools are personally arranged and facilitated by faculty and staff
- Candidates have the chance to partner with award-winning mentor teachers
- Our faculty innovate with partners such as KQED and Google
- We have grants from the National Science Foundation and the U.S. Department of Education that
support your continued education as a new teacher
- Our programs are fully accredited and meet all state and national standards.
- SSU School of Education teacher candidates get hired
- Our programs offer the best value teacher credential in the Northbay Region