School of Education Curriculum Committee
About the Committee:
A. The Curriculum Committee consists of one tenured/tenure-track faculty member from each department of the School of Education, plus a liaison from the Council of Chairs. Department representatives are elected by their respective departments for staggered, three-year terms and are eligible for re-election after their terms expire. The liaison from the Council of Chairs is selected by the Council annually and serves as a non-voting member. The Curriculum Committee chair is elected annually by the committee members no later than the first meeting of the Fall semester.
B. Committee Meetings and Records The Curriculum Committee usually meets once a month as needed to review curriculum proposals. One committee member records the minutes at each meeting and places a copy in the Curriculum Committee archive, kept in the School of Education office. When the committee has completed action on a proposal, the chair places a copy of the proposal and attachments in the Curriculum Committee archive, kept in the School of Education office.
C. Curriculum Committee Decision Items
- New courses in the School of Education
- New credential programs in the School of Education
- New degree programs in the School of Education
- New certificate programs in the School of Education
- Other new curricular programs in the School of Education
- Changes in existing School of Education courses that affect the number of units assigned to the course
- Changes in existing School of Education programs that affect the total number of units required to complete the program (including prerequisites)
- Changes in existing School of Education courses or programs that affect curriculum in other departments in the School of Education
- Changes in existing School of Education courses or programs that affect University-wide curriculum (e.g., majors, minors, prerequisites, subject matter preparation programs, field experiences, General Education requirements)
- Changes in existing School of Education courses or programs that involve deletion or alteration purpose, content, or program requirements.
- Courses in departments outside the School of Education seeking approval as substitutes for existing courses in the School of Education.
- Changes in courses or programs outside the School of Education that affect curriculum in the School of Education, that are co-taught, or articulated with the SOE. All Decision Items require the submission of appropriate committee forms and a review process, as described in Section D below.
|MaryAnn Nickel||Fall 2010 through Spring 2013||LEEE Dept. Representative|
|Emiliano Ayala||Fall 2013 through Spring 2016||ELSE Department Representative|
|Karen Grady||Fall 2011 through Spring 2014||ELSE Department Representative|
|Susan Campbell||Fall 2013 through Spring 2014||Council of Chairs Liaison|