Educational Technology News and Resources for Faculty and Staff
Blog: EdTech Tips: Student Authoring Tools
What's one of the best things about living in the digital era? With access to the Internet, we can all be authors! This wasn't always the case. I grew up a consumer and I watched TV and listened to the radio. The only things I created were mixed tapes and video recordings of athletic events. Today, youth .
Coffee Talks and Working Lunches
School of Education faculty are welcome to chat about educational technology with Assistant Professor Jessica K. Parker (January, February and March) and Assistant Professor Sandy Ayala (April and beyond):
Coffee Talks: Enjoy coffee or a snack at Charlie Brown’s cafe for one-on-one tech time if you want to discuss a Moodle idea, a new tech tool, or innovative pedagogical practice. She is buying, so come on down!
Working Lunches: Join Jessica (first half of semester) or Sandy Ayala (second half of semester) and SoE colleagues in the Redwood Lounge (atrium outside SoE office) for "working lunches" as we bring ideas for improving our lessons/courses and work together to implement these ideas. Pizza will be served.
- Monday, Jan 14th: Coffee Talk from 1:00-2:30 in Charlie Brown’s Cafe
- Friday, Feb 1st: Coffee Talk from 1:30-2:30 in Charlie Brown’s Cafe
- Monday, Feb 11th: Coffee Talk from 1-2:30 in Charlie Brown’s Cafe
- Friday, March 1: Coffee Talk from 10:30-11:30 in Charlie Brown’s Cafe (updated 2/7)
- Monday, March 11th: Coffee Talk from 1:00-2:30 in Charlie Brown’s Cafe
- Wednesday, Jan 23rd: Working Lunch from 12:00-1:30 in Redwood Lounge
- Thursday, Feb 7th: Working Lunch from 12:00-1:30 in Redwood Lounge
- Tuesday, Feb 19th: Working lunch from 12:00-1:30 in Redwood Lounge
- Wednesday, March 6th: Working lunch from 12:00-1:30 in Redwood Lounge
- Thursday, April 4: Working lunch from 12:00-1:30 in Redwood Lounge
- Thursday, April 11: Working lunch from 12:00-1:30 in Redwood Lounge
Skills Sessions with KQED
KQED-Education will be coming to SSU to lead two skills workshops for teachers. Faculty, students and alumni of our programs are welcome, but space is limited and pre-registration will be required. See this flyer for details and instructions on how to sign up.
Saturdays from 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
March 2nd: Making Media Quick and Easy: introduction and exploration of free online digital media tools for making slideshows including Animoto, MeoGraph, Google Presentation, etc.
March 30th: Using iMovie or Windows MovieMaker: focus on science content and creating science stories (open to all content areas and grades)