Office: Stevenson Hall 3096F
Office Hours: by appointment
Lecturer, Department of Literacy Studies and Elementary Education
- [EDMS 411] Teaching Second Language Learners
- [EDMS 476S] Participant Observant Seminar
- [EDMS 476F] Participant Observant Field Experience
- [EDMS 482F] Student Teaching
- [EDMS 463] Teaching Reading to Younger Students
- [EDMS 200] Being a Teacher in Today's Schools
- [EDUC 250] Becoming a Teacher
- [EDRL 521A] Language Development: 1st and 2nd
I joined SSU/SOE in 2004 as a lecturer.
Before teaching for the LEEE department, I taught for six years at the University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada. At the Hispanic Studies department I taught first and second year Italian, and in the community education Italian program.
After moving to California I was the director and instructor for the Italian language program of the Italian Cultural Center in Santa Rosa.
I have a B.A. and Masters in Political Science, a B.A. in Translation from Italy. I have a Masters in Reading and Language from Sonoma State University. I have a doctorate from the University of San Francisco in International and Multicultural Education (and Second Language Acquisition).
I have worked as a professional translator for French, Italian and English for numerous years in Italy, Canada and U.S., and for the Italian and French Consulates.
- BA Political Science
- BA Translation
- MA Reading and Language
- Ed.D Second Language Acquisition/Multicultural
- First and Second Language Acquisition
- Immigration Issues
- Multicultural Education
- Literacy Learning and Teaching
- Teacher Education: Supervision and Assessment (PACT)
- Human Rights Education
Academic & Professional Experience
- Italian instructor at the University of Victoria, Canada;
- Community Education Language Instructor
- Lecturer, LEEE Department at Sonoma State University