Educator Job Fair April 25, 2014
Information for Job Seekers:
You are invited to attend the Sonoma State University School of Education Educator Job Fair, a targeted recruitment event that provides teacher candidates, graduate students and alumni of the School of Education the opportunity to meet local employers from schools, districts and organizations in the region. You will have the opportunity to inquire about current job listings, anticipated openings, and submit your resume for consideration and possibly participate in informal interviews. In addition, information and resources to support your job search efforts will be available at the fair. We encourage you to prepare your resume and attend this event.
Event Time and Place:
1:00-6:00 PM on Friday, April 25, 2014
Location: The New Student Center
Sonoma State University
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Job Seeker Registration (registration is optional! All are welcome to attend):
Registration is optional, but if you pre-register for the event, we will provide your contact information to all employers who are presenting at the fair. Please by Wednesday, April 23, 2014.
To register, complete the information requested on this webpage.
Doors Open to Candidates/Applicants: 1:00
Open House/Informal Interviews: 1:00-6:00
Break out tables will be available for call back interviews from 4:00-6:00 if needed.
Clean Up: 6:00-6:30
Who May Attend the Fair?
Qualified Teachers and Administrators seeking employment in local schools, districts and organizations
Current Sonoma State University Credential Candidates and Graduate Students
Recent graduates of our Credential and Graduate Programs
Who is Tabling at the Fair?
We have invited regional schools and districts to host tables at the fair. In addition, we will have a table about Induction, Advanced Credential Programs and a job search support table with EdJoin registration and online job search strategy help.
What to Bring
- 6-12 copies of your resume
- Your portfolio or link to your digital portfolio
- Paper and pen to write notes
How to Prepare
- Prepare your resume and have someone review it (SSU Career Center on campus can help).
- Research school districts that interest you.
- Write down questions you want to ask employers.
- Plan to dress professionally.
- Ask for the business card from the administrators with whom you speak.
- As you approach the employer's table, respect other people's privacy as they complete conversations
- Establish eye contact, smile, introduce yourself and tell them why you are interested in the position.
- Make notes. While the fair is fresh in your mind, write down key names and information.
- Follow up with thank you letters. Don't overlook this courtesy. Your letter gives you another chance to state your interest and remind the interviewer of your conversation.
Permits required. Parking fee is $5.00 per vehicle. Purchase your parking permit at the information kiosk or at one of the automated parking machines in the lot. We recommend you park in Campus Lot J (see map and directions to campus).
Contact the School of Education, 707-664-3115 for more information about the fair.