Educator Job Fair April 17, 2015
Information for Job Seekers:
You are invited to attend the Sonoma State University School of Education Educator Job Fair, a targeted recruitment event that provides teacher candidates, graduate students and alumni of the School of Education the opportunity to meet local employers from schools, districts and organizations in the region. You will have the opportunity to inquire about current job listings, anticipated openings, and submit your resume for consideration and possibly participate in informal interviews. In addition, information and resources to support your job search efforts will be available at the fair. We encourage you to prepare your resume and attend this event.
Event Time and Place:
1:00-5:00 PM on Friday, April 17, 2015
Location: The Student Center, Ballroom
Sonoma State University
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Job Seeker Registration (registration is optional but strongly encouraged! All are welcome to attend):
Registration is optional, but if you pre-register for the event, we will provide your contact information to all employers who are presenting at the fair. Please register by Wednesday, April 15, 2015.
Plan ahead and speak with your mentor teacher, supervisor or current employer so you have ample time to attend the fair and network.
To register, complete the information requested on this webpage.
This year we plan to host a special section for Early Childhood job opportunities!
Doors Open to Candidates/Applicants: 1:00
Open House/Informal Interviews: 1:00-5:00
Break out tables and semi-private areas will be available for on the spot interviews if needed. Come dressed professionally and ready to participate in an interview
Who May Attend the Fair?
Qualified Teachers and Administrators seeking employment in local schools, districts and organizations
Current Sonoma State University Undergraduates interested in learning more about opportunities in education
Current Sonoma State Credential Candidates and Graduate Students
Recent graduates of our Credential and Graduate Programs
Undergraduates in the Early Childhood Studies program or pre-credential track.
Who is Tabling at the Fair?
We have invited regional schools and districts to host tables at the fair. We have also invited preschools and summer camps to participate. In addition, we will have a table about Induction, Advanced Credential Programs.
What to Bring
- 6-12 copies of your resume
- Your portfolio or link to your digital portfolio
- Paper and pen to write notes
How to Prepare
- Prepare your resume and have someone review it (SSU Career Services Center on campus can help).
- Research school districts that interest you.
- Write down questions you want to ask employers.
- Dress professionally.
- Be ready for an on the spot job interview in case you are invited to one.
- Ask for the business card from the administrators with whom you speak.
- As you approach the employer's table, respect other people's privacy as they complete conversations
- Establish eye contact, smile, introduce yourself and tell them why you are interested in the position.
- Make notes. While the fair is fresh in your mind, write down key names and information.
- Follow up with thank you letters. Don't overlook this courtesy. Your letter gives you another chance to state your interest and remind the interviewer of your conversation.
Permits required. Parking fee is $5.00 per vehicle. Purchase your parking permit at the information kiosk or at one of the automated parking machines in the lot. We recommend you park in Campus Lot J (see map and directions to campus).
Contact the School of Education, 707-664-3115 for more information about the fair.