Thursday, December 5th, 5:00-7:00 PM in The Cooperage
The Teacher Technology Showcase provides local educators (pre- and in-service) with an opportunity to present how they have used or plan to use technology in the classroom to support students and student learning. The Showcase is run like a poster session and allows educators to share unit plans, lessons, or activities that incorporate new media technologies.
What is the goal of the Showcase?
The goal of the Showcase is to highlight how educators are creating better learning environments for students through the integration of technology. Additionally, the School of Education is always excited to bring educators and community members together to support local teachers, administrators, and faculty to discuss their work.
What are some of the projects that will be showcased at the event?
Examples from last year's Showcase included innovative presentations such as:
- Exploring Plate Tectonics Using ArcGIS Online
- Flipping the Mathematics Classroom with Screencasting
- Smilebox.com: Effects on Socialization
- Using Voicethread to Talk about Literature
- Critical Inquiry through Animoto Videos
- Educreation iPad App: Quick Assessments in Science
- Online Circuit Construction in Physics
- Google Moon Landing