Refer to Academic Calendar to see when instructions begin
Full instructions regarding registration have been posted on the SEIE website.
You will need your 4-digit class code in order to register.
Note: You must get permission to register for CES 591, 594, 595, 596, and 599. Please contact the department for instructions.
Dates & Deadlines
Here is the information regarding Spring 2016 registration. Please check your MySSU Student Center for your registration appointment, which will appear to the right on the screen.
There are two registration periods:
|Registration Period||Method||Payment Due Date||Notes|
|November 13 to December 31||Online by appointment||December 31 (or FA award in place)||Strongly recommended; see note below|
|January 1 to February 5||In person or via phone||At time of registration||$25 late fee|
|After February 5||No registration||-||-|
Because the University registration system will be down for financial aid processing January 1 through January 20, registrations received during that time must be entered after processing is complete. Classes should appear in your Student Center by January 28, which is after classes start. This could affect access to online course materials, so we strongly suggest registering during the online phase.
Please note that:
- If you are a new student, you cannot register until you have been officially accepted to the University.
- If you want to withdraw from your program, please contact your program coordinator immediately for further instructions.
Registration for Pre-Requisites
All conditionally-accepted MSCES students must complete their pre-requisite coures prior to registering. These courses are listed in your acceptance letter. When they are complete, please flll out the MSCES Academic Status Form and have it signed by the Graduate Coordinator.
Students who have been admitted conditionally based on completion of pre-requisite classes may register for them as follows:
- At Sonoma State: you will register via the Open University process. See Ronnie Goodlund if you have questions.
- At other Four-Year Colleges: Before registering, you must get the equivalent courses approved by the Graduate Coordinator.
- Lower division level, 100 and 200 (Freshman or Sophomore): You may choose comparable courses at a community college upon approval of the Graduate Coordinator.
Registration After a Leave of Absence
Students may take up to two semesters off without having to reapply to the MSCES program. In order to maintain the active status, all students should fill out a Leave of Absence form if they plan to take up to two semesters off.