SSU Emeritus and Retired Faculty and Staff Association
- All Retirees of Sonoma State University are considered members of the SSU Emeritus and Retired Faculty Association.
- The Association is affiliated with and all retirees are eligible for membership in the state-wide association known as CSU-Emeritus and Retired Faculty Association (ERFA).
- The Association is currently funded by partial rebates of membership dues paid by Association members to CSU-ERFA.
The purposes of this organization shall be:
- to help retired faculty and staff maintain a continuing and fruitful association with the University,
- to work for improvement of the retirement program at the University,
- to inform members of retirement and medical benefits through affiliation with CSU-ERFA, and
- to provide social and educational programs for retired faculty and staff.
- All positions depend on volunteers rather than by election and all board openings will be advertised in advance. Any individual officer’s position may be held by co-officers.
- A President will be solicited each year, to be confirmed at the next luncheon meeting. The President will be the contact person for the Association.
- to preside at meetings of the Association and the Executive Committee and exercise general supervision over the affairs of the Association
- to initiate and respond to Association correspondence
- to work with the Campus Representative to strengthen retiree ties to the University
- to arrange for a program and negotiate the luncheon and other activities for the Association.
- The President or designee attends the council meetings of CSU-ERFA and keeps the membership advised of the issues under discussion (travel and per diem expense paid by CSU-ERFA).
- A Treasurer will be solicited yearly.
- to assist the president and act for the president as needed
- to receive membership rebate from CSU-ERFA
- to collect luncheon payments
- to maintain the bank account, pay bills, and keep books
- An Academic Senator will be solicited each year, to be confirmed at the next luncheon meeting. The Academic Senator shall represent the Association on the SSU Academic Senate.
- The Executive Committee will be composed of the President, Treasurer, Academic Senator and a minimum of two volunteers, who will be solicited yearly.
- to solicit volunteers for President, Treasurer, Academic Senator, and Executive Committee
- to assist in planning programs, providing advice and consultation
- to act in place of an officer when necessary
- to conduct an evaluation survey regarding the direction of the Association yearly
- to plan a program which invites new retirees to become a part of the Association.
Draft revised July 2012