Sonoma State American Language Institute (SSALI) Application Form
KEEP THIS INFORMATION
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE.
HOW TO APPLY TO SSALI
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Signed Application form
- $125 application fee - non-refundable
- Bank statement (original only) - necessary to obtain an I-20 for an F-1 Student visa. Minimum balance $10,000
- Proof of high school or college graduation or official transcripts in English
- Copy of page one of your passport
Please fill out and mail in one of the forms below.
Note: if using a MAC and opening through Firefox browser, you may need to open the form using Acrobat so
the form fields can be filled out or change your Firefox settings to always automatically open in Acrobat.
CALENDAR, FEES, & EXPENSES
You can find dates, deadlines, and fees here.
- Application deadline for students who require an I-20 is 8 weeks before the start date of each session.
- Application deadline for F-1 transfer students and non F-1 students is one week before the start date of each session.
- All tuition payments are due at the time of registration.
- For non F-1 students part time programs are available. Tuition breakdown is available upon request.
When you come to the SSALI office to register, pay tuition, and purchase insurance, payment can be made with
personal checks drawn on an American bank, money orders, or by credit card (VISA, MasterCard). We can accept
cash and travelers' checks but prefer the other methods of payment.
The SSU Health Center provides SSALI students with convenient on-campus care for minor medical problems.
[Mandatory fee: $165 per semester].
California State University requires all F-1 students to have full coverage health insurance to cover
major medical expenses. When you register for classes, you will be expected to purchase the school-sponsored
policy. This plan provides excellent coverage at a reasonable cost, approximately $115 per month. [One-time payment per term.]
All SSALI students are also required to take a T-SPOT TB test and provide proof of MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) immunization upon arrival.
SSALI Homestay ($100 one time placement fee)
The student lives with a host family in Rohnert Park, Petaluma, or Santa Rosa. The student has a private furnished bedroom and use of facilities. The cost does not include personal items such
as shaving cream, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.
- Full Homestay $700 per month: 16 meals/week are included.*
- Room Only $550 per month: Student shops for and prepares own meals.*
Student shops for and prepares own meals
Note: SSALI Homestays are for SSALI students only. When you complete your studies at SSALI, you are required to find alternative housing.
*Prices subject to change.
This option is not recommended for new students. The SSALI office can offer only minimal help by providing a list of apartment complexes in the area. Apartments are usually unfurnished. Cost for an unfurnished, one bedroom apartment is $900 - $1100 per month. SSU's Housing Services maintains a listing of Off-Campus Housing at http://www.ssu.och101.com or you can contact Housing Services by email at email@example.com.
TRANSPORTATION FROM SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Direct bus service is available from San Francisco Airport to Rohnert Park. The buses leave the airport every hour, 5:30 AM - 12:30 AM. The cost is $34.
Airport Pick-up Service is also possible. We can arrange for a representative of SSALI to meet your flight and deliver you directly to your homestay or dormitory. The cost is $125 and is paid directly to the person picking you up. A one-week notice with flight information is required.