Prospective students must have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any subject, completed no later than Fall 2016.
- A GPA of at least 2.75 (B-) over the last 60 units
- At least one 3-unit course on child development theory and milestones, such as EDEC 420 (SSU) or CHLD 10 (SRJC)
- Regular access to high-speed internet service and webcam capability
- Applications will be screened for completion of pre-requisites
Applying to the Program
Please do NOT apply through CSU Mentor; your application will not reach us. Instead, applicants will need the following:
- Graduate Studies Application Form: fillable PDF
- Program Application Form: print out and fill in
- A $55 application fee (credit card, or check or money order made out to SSU) using this fillable PDF Fee Payment Form
- Transcripts showing completion of Bachelor's degree and required child development coursework. You may send unofficial transcripts with your application to speed processing, but we will need an official set for your student file.
Send all materials to:
SSU School of Extended and International Education
Attn: ECE Certificate
1801 E. Cotati Ave
Rohnert Park, CA 94928-3609
Applications for Summer 2017 will be accepted beginning October 3, 2016.
February 28, 2017 – Submit Summer 2017 program applications for guaranteed evaluation. After this date, petitions for late application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, program space and processing time permitting. Please submit the Admissions Appeals form with a late application.
International applicants are encouraged to submit a completed application as early as possible in the admission cycle to allow for the additional time required to assess and process international documents and to initiate immigration paperwork.
Please keep in mind that transcripts may take up to four weeks to arrive, so do plan to order them right away. Where possible, be sure to indicate that you want them sent right away, not at the end of the term.
Some colleges are moving to online transcript transmission. At this time, SSU is accepting electronic transcripts from only four sources:
- CSU Mentor
Please indicate on your application which colleges may be sending e-transcripts by writing "e-trans" next to the name of the college so we can better track them.
In order for your e-transcript to be considered official by our Admissions staff, it must be sent to the default e-mail when you request an e-transcript from one of these sources. Please select Sonoma State as the recipient.