High School Assistant Information
Become an EXCEL High School Teaching Assistant!
- Like working with children?
- Need credit towards community service hours?
- Want to build a resume for college?
The Excel High School Teaching Assistant Program needs high school volunteers to work as assistants to our faculty. If you are a motivated and accomplished high school student entering grades 10-12, you can apply for summer 2011. The experience counts as community service hours towards graduation and also builds a college resume.
- Session One: June 24-28 (15-30 hours) AM and PM classes
- Session Two: July8-19 (30-60 hours) AM and PM classes
- Session Three: July 22-26 (15-30 hours) AM and PM classes
Duties include helping with activities in the classroom (including set up and clean up), creating and maintaining classroom safety, and escorting students to and from the pickup area.
We prefer if you are a high school junior or senior, and preference is given to EXCEL alumni. Deadline: May 25. Positions are filled in the order in which they are received.