High School Assistant Information
Become an EXCEL High School Teaching Assistant!
- Like working with children?
- Need credit towards community service hours?
- Want to build a resume for college?
The Excel High School Teaching Assistant Program needs high school volunteers to work as assistants to our faculty. If you are a motivated and accomplished high school student entering grades 10-12, you can apply for summer 2015.
The experience counts as community service hours towards graduation and also builds a college resume.
- Session 1: June 15-19 (15-30 hours) AM and PM classes
- Session 2: June 22-26 (15-30 hours) AM and PM classes
- Session 3: July 6-10 (15-30 hours) AM and PM classes
- Session 3-4: July 6-17 (30-60 hours) AM and PM classes
- Session 4: July 13-17 (15-30 hours) AM AND PM classes
- Session 5: July 20-24 (30 hours) ALL DAY classes
NEW: All teaching assistants will need to attend a mandatory training on either May 23 or June 6 (Saturdays) from 9am-12noon. These hours will automatically be added to your community service record.
Duties include helping the instructor with activities in the classroom (including set up and clean up), taking daily attendance, creating and maintaining classroom safety, and escorting students to and from the pickup area.
We prefer if you are a high school junior or senior, and preference is given to EXCEL alumni. Deadline: Friday May, 15, 2015. Positions are filled in the order in which they are received.
2015 High School Teaching Assistant APPLICATION