Scholarships will be available March 13, 2017, for talented, low-income students, for Summer 2017. Please see our guidelines below.
Application forms can be printed out and FAXED to (707) 664-2613 or mailed to:
EXCEL for Youth
Sonoma State University
School of Extended and International Education, Stevenson 1012,
1801 E Cotati Ave.
Rohnert Park, CA 94928.
- The student must submit at least one paragraph about him or herself and why he or she wants to participate in EXCEL and chose this class. This must be turned in with the application.
- The student must submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, school counselor, or principal that addresses academic or gifted talents and cooperative conduct.
- The student must be identified as low income. (For example: verification of lunch services, AFDC, food stamps, or unemployment.)
- The student's parents must assist with transportation to SSU. Sonoma County Transit is available. EXCEL can help with carpool contacts as available.
- The student needs to select a first choice class, as well as second and third alternate choices. The sooner the application is received, the better your chance of getting your first choice.
- The student must commit to the EXCEL program and not be late or absent unless ill. The student will be required to sign a commitment contract.
- For one-week classes (half day - 9am-12:15pm or 1-4pm), a $25 family contribution is required. Scholarship funds will cover the remainder of the tuition.
- For one-week classes (all day - 9am-4pm), or two week half-day, a $50 family contribution is required. Scholarship funds will cover the remainder of the tuition.
- Once a scholarship is approved, parents must pay the family contribution prior to registration for the class. Checks should be made payable to SSU.
For more information or application materials, call (707) 664-2645 or email Cathy Hatcher-England at email@example.com