A limited amount of financial aid is available for talented, low income students for summer 2014. Please see our guidelines below.
Application forms can be printed out and FAXED to (707) 2613 or mailed to: EXCEL for Youth, Sonoma State University, School of Extended and International Education, 1801 E Cotati Ave. Rohnert Park CA 94928
2013 Scholarship Guidelines
2013 Scholarship Contract
- The student must submit at least one paragraph about him or herself and why he or she wants to participate in EXCEL and chose this class. This must be turned in with the application.
- The student must submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, school counselor, or principal that addresses academic or gifted talents and cooperative conduct.
- The student must be identified as low income. (For example: verification of lunch services, AFDC, food stamps, or unemployment.)
- The student's parents must assist with transportation to SSU. Sonoma County Transit is available. EXCEL can help with carpool contacts as available.
- The student needs to select a first choice class, as well as second and third alternate choices. The sooner the application is received, the better your chance of getting your first choice.
- The student must commit to the EXCEL program and not be late or absent unless ill. The student will be required to sign a commitment contract.
- For one-week classes, a $25 family contribution is required for each one week class. Scholarship funds will cover the remainder of the tuition. One week classes range in price from $156.00 to $178.00.
- For two-week classes, a $50 family contribution is required for each two week class. Scholarship funds will cover the remainder of the tuition. Two week classes range in price from $311.00 to $345.00.
- Once a scholarship is approved, parents must pay the family contribution prior to registration for the class. Checks should be made payable to SSU.
For more information or application materials, call (707) 664-2394 or email email@example.com