The School of Extended and International Education (SEIE) is the sole self-supporting academic unit under the SSU Academic Affairs division. Unlike the other academic schools on campus, SEIE receives no funding from the state of California. SEIE's financial existence relies upon the fees paid by students of the programs we offer.
Fees for SEIE courses vary. Our fees are approved by the President under authority from the Board of Trustees of the California State University and are subject to change. As appropriate, base unit fees are adjusted to accommodate additional course expenses.
Being self-supporting, students taking SEIE courses do not pay Category II fees and therefore do not have access to these funded services which includes the Student Health Center, Counseling and Psychological Services and the Campus Recreation/Fitness Center.
Fees Per Academic Unit
- Contract Courses $55/unit
- Extension Credit Courses $205/unit
- Special Session Courses Base Fee $280/unit
- Project Continuation $250/unit
- Open University Lecture/Discussion Courses $285/unit
- Open University Nat. Sci. Lab/Nursing Courses $300/unit
Special Session Degree/Certificate Programs
- BA Liberal Studies - Napa Valley Program $350/unit
- BA Liberal Studies - Solano Program $350/unit
- Conflict Resolution Certificate $225/unit
- Education Pre-Credential $454/unit
- Executive Master's Business Administration (EMBA) $1,500/unit
- Foundation and Business MBA $604/unit
- Liberal Studies Degree Completion Program
- Fall 2012 Admits $375/unit
- Fall 2011 Admits $350/unit
- Fall 2012 Admits $375/unit
- MS Computer & Engineering Science $500/unit
- MA Spanish $390/unit
- MA Organization Development:
- Fall 2013 Admits $645/unit
- Fall 2012 Admits $595/unit
- MA Psychology (Depth):
- Fall 2010 Admits $545/unit
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Fall 2012 Admits $500/unit
- Fall 2011 Admits $475/unit
- Summer University
- Undergraduate $320/unit
- Graduate $375/unit
- Late Fee $25
- Certification Fees-Conflict Resolution $30
- SSALI Application Fee $75
- SSALI Testing Fee $75
- Dishonored Check Fee $20
- Letter grades (A-F) are received for academic credit courses unless
the course is taken for Credit/No Credit. Some academic courses are
available for letter grade only, others for CR/NC. You should check
with the instructor to determine if the course(s) for which you are
registering can be taken on a CR/NC basis.
- The Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) option is available in some classes at the discretion of the instructor. Instructors will discuss attendance, participation and other requirements for grade and/or CR/NC. In a course where CR/NC grading is optional, students must indicate the desire to be graded on a CR/NC basis at the time of registration and may not change from letter grade to CR/NC status after the first class meeting.
- I (incomplete): At the initiation of yourself or the instructor, an incomplete grade (I) may be assigned when you are unable to complete the course requirements within the official period of the course. An incomplete must be made up within one calendar year from the end of the course.
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) classes receive only CR/NC, not letter grades. A grade of CR signifies attendance for all class hours.
- Audit: SSU does not allow an audit option for any course.
Grade Reports/Transcripts All academic and CEU grades are on file in the Office of Admissions & Records (707/664-2778) where they are posted on your permanent record. No grades are offered for noncredit classes.
Official transcripts of work completed at SSU may be obtained from the Registrar, Sonoma State University. Call the Office of Admissions & Records at 707/664-2778 for instructions on how to request a transcript by mail or follow the instructions at http://www.sonoma.edu/ar/records/transcripts.shtml. If the transcript is to show results of the current semester's work, the request should specify "End of Semester Transcript." Please allow six weeks after the end of semester for grades to appear on your transcript.
The University and its auxiliary organizations (Academic Foundation, Associated Students, Enterprise Corporation, and Student Union) do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veteran's status, or disabling condition in admissions, access and/or employment in its programs and activities. No person shall, on the basis of age, race, sex, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veteran's status, or disabling condition, be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination in any of the University's programs or activities. Inquiries may be directed to Joyce Suzuki, Managing Director of Employee Relations & Compliance at 707/664-4470.The full text of the University's Nondiscrimination Policy is available at http://sonoma.edu/uaffairs/policies/discrimination.htm
Papers And Assignments
Papers, assignments or class projects are held in the Extended Education office for 30 days only.