How To Register
- Register by Mail
- Select desired classes from the listing in this catalog. The registration form provided allows you to register for four courses. Use photocopies for additional course registrations. Fill out and mail in the registration form with full payment made payable to Sonoma State University. You are encouraged to register early in order to assure a place in the class. If your registration is received after a class is full or has been canceled, you will be notified by telephone or mail.
- Register by Phone
- You may register by phone with a credit card; call 707/664-2394.
- Register by FAX
- You can register for Extended Education classes with your FAX machine. Using a typewriter or black ink pen, complete the registration form, compute your fees, indicate your credit card number, expiration date and cardholder name and FAX the form to us at 707/664-2613. The FAX machine is on 24 hours a day. Registration has never been easier!
- Walk-in Registration
- You may register in person at Extended Education, located in Stevenson Hall, room 1012 or, if space is still available, at the first class meeting.
- Web Registration
- To register online with a credit card visit www.sonoma.edu/exed/register.
To complete the registration process and be assured of a place in course(s), you need to follow the procedures below. Please remember that you must fully complete the registration form or you cannot be registered in your class(es).
If you have any problem completing the form, please call 707/ 664-2394. For registration purposes your social security number is required pursuant to the authority contained in the California Administrative Code. Without a social security number it is impossible to process your grade(s) on your official SSU records.
Enrollments are accepted in order of receipt of completed registration forms and payment. Enrollment is not complete until both your registration form and payment are received by Extended Education.
Fees can be paid with check or money order made payable to Sonoma State University, or with VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover cards by providing the appropriate information on the registration form. Students wishing to pay cash must come to Extended Education in Stevenson Hall, room 1012 between 8:30am and 4pm so that payment can be processed through the University Customer Service Center.
A standard SSU late fee of $25 is charged for registration after the day of the first class meeting with the exception of Open University courses. See the General Information section for information and policies. Registration and payment (with a late fee) will be accepted until 25% of class time has elapsed.
You will receive confirmation of your registration by mail if time permits; if you have not received confirmation by the day of the first class meeting, please attend class.
Cancellations and Refunds
Extended Education makes every effort to reach students to notify them ahead of time of any course changes or cancellations. If you are concerned about possible cancellations or changes in courses, or must travel long distances to attend, please call Extended Education for information at 707/664-2394. Please report directly to the first class meeting at the scheduled time. Course locations, including any possible changes, are posted on the bulletin board outside Extended Education, Stevenson 1012. If, at the first class meeting, there is not a sufficient number of students to assure continuance of the class, the class will be canceled and all fees will be refunded.
For your comfort, please wear layered clothing, as heating and cooling conditions may vary.