Nursing Transition into Practice Certificate Program
Sutter Medical Center in collaboration with Sonoma State University
This program is designed to facilitate the introduction of new graduates into clinical practice. The intent is to provide a supportive clinical environment working one on one with a preceptor to move the student nurse into practice as a new graduate. We recognize that the health care system where nurses' work has become increasingly complex and a new nurse would benefit from an extended preceptorship post-graduation.
Program Highlights and Important Dates
- Orientation dates are: June 17, 18, and 19, 2013
- The program is scheduled from: June 17 to August 30, 2013
- 7 didactic classes: June 28, July 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9, 16, 2013. (times TBA plan 8-5)
- Deadline for application is: April 24, 2013
- Proof of IP or RN License: June 24, 2013
- Last Day to enroll: June 10, 2013
- Last Day to drop with refund: June 10, 2013
- 280 clinical hours with preceptor, 28 CEU's, course fee $800
- Augmented online interaction via Moodle online learning management system
Orientation and all clinical classes will be held at Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa (SMCSR). Clinical assignments will be held at Sutter Medical Center or other Sutter affiliates depending upon available placements. 3325 Chanate Rd., Santa Rosa 95404.