Nursing Transition into Practice Certificate Program
Deborah Roberts, RN EdD
Office - Nichols Hall 262a
Office Hours - By Appointment
Sonoma State University Joining with our Local Healthcare Partners
This program is designed to facilitate the introduction of new graduates into clinical practice. The intent is to provide a supportive clinical environment working one on one with a preceptor to move the student nurse into practice as a new graduate. We recognize that the health care system where nurses' work has become increasingly complex and a new nurse would benefit from an extended preceptorship post-graduation.
- Nursing Transition into Practice is scheduled to run from June 13 through August 19
- 280 clinical hours with preceptor, 28 CEUs
- Augmented online interaction via Moodle
- Who may apply? Anyone who has successfully completed an RN program with evidence of either a CA Registered Nurses license or Interim Permit
- Interested individuals may come to the Info Meeting at Sonoma State Campus, March 11, from 5-7pm (Darwin Hall 103). No sign-ups, just come!
Application Process Information:
- The application period is now closed.
- We will forward your application to the agencies of your choice
- Agencies will review your application and will contact you directly to set up an interview (under no circumstances should you directly contact any agency)
- Applying to this program will not guarantee an interview or a residency position. Space is limited
- Final decisions of acceptance will be made by May 15. Applicants will be notified by the facility (not SSU)
Upon being accepted to a facility you must complete the following:
- By June 14: Enroll through Sonoma State Extended Education, pay fee of $800 at the time of registration, complete and pass a certified background check, provide proof of IP or RN License
- June 9: Attend Mandatory (this means you must attend if you are accepted into the program) SSU Campus Orientation from 8:30am to 10:30am in Darwin 103
- Between June 13-20: Attend Orientation at your assigned facility. Dates will vary depending on your facility.
- Attend other clinical and didactic days which will vary according to agency