Nursing Transition into Practice Certificate Program
Kaiser Permanente, St. Josephs Health Care, & Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital in collaboration with Sonoma State University
This program is designed to facilitate the introduction of new graduates into clinical practice. The intent is to provide a supportive clinical environment working one on one with a preceptor to move the student nurse into practice as a new graduate. We recognize that the health care system where nurses' work has become increasingly complex and a new nurse would benefit from an extended preceptorship post-graduation.
Program Highlights and Important Dates
- Deadline for application (including certified background check completion) is: April 17
- Notification of acceptance from facilities: May 15
- Mandatory Sonoma State Campus Orientation: June 5, 5:00-7:00pm in Darwin 103
- Proof of IP or RN License: June 5
- Last day to enroll: June 7
- Last day to drop with refund: June 7
- All orientations will be June 15 and 16 on the respective hospital campuses
- All other clinical and didactic days will vary according to agency.
- The program is scheduled to run from: June 15 - August 21
- 280 clinical hours with preceptor, 28 CEUs, course fee $800
- Augmented online interaction via Moodle online learning management system