Nursing Transition into Practice Certificate Program
Sonoma State University Joining with our Local Healthcare Partners
This program is designed to facilitate the introduction of new graduates into clinical practice. The intent is to provide a supportive clinical environment working one on one with a preceptor to move the student nurse into practice as a new graduate. We recognize that the health care system where nurses' work has become increasingly complex and a new nurse would benefit from an extended preceptorship post-graduation.
- Nursing Transition into Practice is scheduled to run from June 13 through August 19
- 280 clinical hours with preceptor, 28 CEUs
- Augmented online interaction via Moodle
- Who may apply? Anyone who has successfully completed an RN program with evidence of either a CA Registered Nurses license or Interim Permit
- Interested individuals may come to the Info Meeting at Sonoma State Campus, March 11, from 5-7pm (Darwin Hall 103). No sign-ups, just come!
Application Process Information:
- The application period is now closed.
- We will forward your application to the agencies of your choice
- Agencies will review your application and will contact you directly to set up an interview (under no circumstances should you directly contact any agency)
- Applying to this program will not guarantee an interview or a residency position. Space is limited
- Final decisions of acceptance will be made by May 15. Applicants will be notified by the facility (not SSU)
Upon being accepted to a facility you must complete the following:
- By June 14: Enroll through Sonoma State Extended Education, pay fee of $800 at the time of registration, complete and pass a certified background check, provide proof of IP or RN License
- June 9: Attend Mandatory (this means you must attend if you are accepted into the program) SSU Campus Orientation from 8:30am to 10:30am in Darwin 103
- Between June 13-20: Attend Orientation at your assigned facility. Dates will vary depending on your facility.
- Attend other clinical and didactic days which will vary according to agency