Nursing Transition into Practice Certificate Program
St. Josephs Health Care & Sutter Medical Center in collaboration with Sonoma State University
This program is designed to facilitate the introduction of new graduates into clinical practice. The intent is to provide a supportive clinical environment working one on one with a preceptor to move the student nurse into practice as a new graduate. We recognize that the health care system where nurses' work has become increasingly complex and a new nurse would benefit from an extended preceptorship post-graduation.
Program Highlights and Important Dates
- Orientation dates are: June 16, 17, and 18, 2014
- The program is scheduled from: June 18 to August 22, 2014
- 7 didactic classes: June 27, July 11, 18, 25, August 1, 8, 15, 2014. (times TBA plan 8-5)
- Deadline for application is: April 18, 2014
- Proof of IP or RN License: June 10, 2014
- Last Day to enroll: June 9, 2014
- Last Day to drop with refund: June 9, 2014
- 280 clinical hours with preceptor, 28 CEU's, course fee $800
- Augmented online interaction via Moodle online learning management system
Orientation and all clinical classes will be held at either Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa (SMCSR) or Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital - St. Joseph's Health. Clinical assignments will be held at selected facilities.