The Application Process
Go on line to www.sonoma.edu/exed to complete the application and submit to SMCSR. You will receive a call and be scheduled for an interview. Acceptance into the program is determined by several factors:
- Successful completion of an RN program within 2012 to 2013 with evidence of either a CA Registered Nurses license or Interim Permit by June 10th, 2013.
- U.S. citizen or documentation of authorization to work in the U.S.
- Be able to work a flexible 24-hour/week schedule.
- Priority will be given to students who reside in Sonoma County, attended at least one rotation at SMCSR and have graduated from either Sonoma State or the following junior colleges: Santa Rosa, Marin, Mendocino, Napa or Solono.
- Be sure to include your clinical area of experience and the area you wish to have your preceptor experience.
Participants will share the patient care assignment of an RN preceptor, based on the RN's schedule. Assignments on all shifts are available and will be based on opportunities that are available.
Upon completion of the course students will be provided a certificate of completion as well as a BRN certificate for the 28 continuing education units towards your next license renewal. SSU BRN provider number is 000369.
Once registered and your confirmation letter arrives in the mail, you will set up your Sonoma State "Seawolf" account to access the learning management system "Moodle". First you will need to create a password at https://ldaps.sonoma.edu/password/ Once you have created a password and can log into your "Seawolf" account and begin your journey in Moodle. You can find more information about Moodle at http://www.sonoma.edu/moodle/.
Enroll for the Summer 2013 Courses
After you have been accepted into the Program, register for the summer courses online.