Access the learning opportunities and excitement of one of the California State University system's most desirable campuses. SSU, situated in Northern California's wine country, sits on 270 acres in Sonoma County and is dedicated to quality education in the liberal arts and sciences, providing 34 academic programs, 41 bachelor's degrees, and 13 master's degrees.
SSU has a student population of more than 7,000 students, with over 2,000 students living on campus.
Campus Amenities Include:
- The SeaWolf Card is the official identification card of SSU. The card identifies you as a student of Sonoma State, and entitles you to other privileges and uses on campus. By adding funds--or "WolfBucks"--to your card, your Seawolf ID becomes a charge card usable at all Dining Services venues. WolfBucks are also accepted at the Bookstore and vending machines. You can add WolfBucks to your card online, or by visiting the Seawolf Service Center on campus.
- The Jean and Charles Schulz Information Center and Library.
- The University Art Gallery, SSU Bookstore, and Dining Services (on campus).
- Evert B. Person Theatre, featuring award winning jazz ensembles, Chamber Music Series, imaginative drama, dance, and musical performances.
- Sonoma Film Institute.
- Ongoing Lecture Series:
Exciting Educational Opportunities Include:
- The Donald & Marueen Green Music Center, modeled after the Tanglewood facility--Ozawa Hall--located in Lenox, Massachusetts. The facility promises state-of-the-art acoustics and seating for 1,400 people, with an open lawn for an outdoor audience of thousands. This project is still under construction.
- Home to an Environmental Technology Center, a state-of-the-art teaching laboratory for students, faculty, and community environmental personnel.
- Student Recreation Center (OLLI members are eligible to use the facility for a special rate).