At SSU learning has no age limits. We grow by opening our minds and creating new interests through the pursuit of information and knowledge.
Ruben Armiñana SSU President
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute is healthy and strong, but we survive because of the generosity of private donors. Currently, the Lifelong Learning Program must raise two-thirds of its funds from private sources; only one-third of the current budget comes from student tuition.
Until a mature lifelong learning endowment fund is generated to substitute the need for annual fundraising, the OLLI Program must raise operating revenue every year. Many donors and students have generously stepped forward to support the financial goals of the program, but annual fundraising is imperative to ensure its continuation and good work.
Your support of the SSU Osher Lifelong Learning Institute is greatly appreciated.
Ideas For Giving Back to Your Osher Lifelong Learning Institute:
There are many ways to give back to your Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. In order to help sustain the program and ensure its future, you can:
- Consider an Annual Gift the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute that will keep the good works of the program thriving each year.
- Develop an Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Faculty Chair.
- Consider establishing a faculty chair in your family's name,or group together with friends to pool your resources. Your support of a faculty chair will ensure that the program can hire and maintain the best faculty possible for lifelong learning.
- Involve your clubs and service organizations in supporting OLLI. Do you belong to a service club or organization that could fund a faculty chair or provide a gift for the Institute and help assist the program? Call us! We can help you present the program and speak to your group.
- Consider an endowed fund. An endowed gift is one that lasts a lifetime. Creating an endowment in your name (or a loved one's name) is similar to placing funds in a savings account and providing the Institute with the interest from your gift. Your investment (or principal) is never expended, but the income from the gift is used to assure a lifetime of support for the program.
- Help us outreach to businesses. Do you know of any businesses that would like to help sponsor the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute? Introduce us--we have a complete program to engage businesses and expose them to our program through special benefits and amenities.
- Contribute to a student scholarship fund. The Lifelong Learning Program has been fortunate to receive generous scholarship commitments, and will always be in need of continued support.
- Planning Your Estate? Want to help the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute? Consider leaving a gift in your will or bequest, gifting through a charitable trust, a gift annuity, life insurance, pension plan, IRA, or through real estate. There is a wide range of gifting vehicles that can provide you income for a lifetime along with valuable tax savings.