Frequently Asked Questions
When and where are courses taught?
OLLI has three campuses; SSU, Oakmont and Healdsburg. Sessions are six weeks in length, and are taught once a week.
SSU: Courses are Monday - Thursday either from 9:30-11:30 am or 1:00-3:00 pm. All classes are held in the Cooperage, unless otherwise noted. For more information, you can email us or call 707/664-2394.
Oakmont: Courses are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:00-5:00 pm.
Healdsburg: Courses are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:00-5:00 pm.
What is included with course fee?
Being an OLLI student allows you a limited activity student body card which includes your access (some fee based) to:
- The Jean and Charles Schulz Information Center and Library
- University Art Gallery, bookstore, and cafeterias
- Evert B. Person Theatre, featuring award winning jazz ensembles; chamber music series, imaginative drama, dance. and musical performances
- Sonoma Film Institute
- University Pool and Fitness Center
What is the cost of classes?
- Single Course - $80 per 6 wk session
- Two Course - $150 per 6 wk session
- Three or more course options for 6 wks - $210
Is Financial Aid available?
A limited number of 1- course scholarships are available each session. A scholarship application must be filled out each session and must accompany your registration form. For those wishing to apply, email or call Chris Alexander at 707/664-2691, or ask an OLLI Ambassador.
What about parking and transportation?
SSU: Parking is $5.00 per day for general parking. The closest parking to the Cooperage is the circle lot which covers the Police Services lot and wraps around the dorm parking area to Parking Lot J. If you have a state issued handicap placard, you may park in any lot on campus, but must still pay the $5.00 per day. The only other parking fee option is to purchase a semester pass at the Seawolf Services Center in Salazar Hall for $94.
Oakmont & Healdsburg: Parking is free.