Professional Social Media Certificate Program
About The Program
As of December 2012, 67% of U.S. online adults use social networking sites. Yet, even those comfortable using social media in their personal lives are often unprepared to take on professional responsibilities. This course provides professionals with the strategies and knowledge to improve their practice or explore a social media career.
The Professional Social Media Certificate provides participants with training and experience developing a social media campaign in their industry. This program combines hands-on experience and the opportunity to learn from others. The program will yield a certificate and increased intentionality, competency, confidence and experience not attained through individual independent content exploration.
Who Should Apply
- Communications and marketing professionals
- Individual interested in developing avenues for promotion
- Non-profit program managers and coordinators
- Social media enthusiasts
- Hands-on practice and experimentation with several popular social media platforms
- Hands-on use of monitoring tools and website analytics to listen and measure results
- Case studies of organizations using social media for their benefit
- Completion of a social media project
Course Credit: 52.5 hours of instruction: 5.3 CEU's; Fee: $1050 for semester Certificate
Course Prerequisites: Although no academic prerequisites are required to participate in the program, an advanced level of English for non-native English speakers is required. Additionally, participants should be comfortable using at least one social media channel (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.). All participants should bring a laptop to class, with the exception of classes which meet in a computer lab.
Class Times: Thursdays, 6-9:30 p.m., January 23 - May 8. There will be no class March 20.Spring 2014 Course Information
Merith Weisman. email@example.com or (707) 664.3202