Professional Social Media Bootcamp
Registration for Spring 2015 will open in November.
Please contact Merith Weisman for more information.
July 28 - 31, 8am - 4pm
SSU Student Center; Ballrooms B & C
Fee: $2,250 (non-credit) and includes some food
Course # EXED NC 1207
This intensive workshop is for entrepreneurs and other business professionals who have limited time yet want to increase their understanding of social media best practices, learn how to develop winning social media marketing plans and campaigns, and implement solid techniques for tracking and improving social media success.
Over the course of this four-day intensive bootcamp you will:
- See examples of successful strategies
- Learn how to create a winning strategy and how it fits into your overall communications plan
- Explore building a campaign and learn best practice techniques for maximizing engagement and increasing customer loyalty
- Explore the importance of listening in social media and learn about the best curation tools
- Discover the best free and subscription-based methods for tracking your social media initiatives
- Find out which data is most important and how to maximize results
- Network and build relationships with other students
Prerequisites: Although no academic prerequisites are required to participate in the program, an advanced level of English for non-native English speakers is required. Additionally, participants should be comfortable using at least one social media channel (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.). All participants should bring a laptop. A browser is required and Internet access is provided.