Application for Admission
Your completed application must be accompanied by the following:
- The $55 application fee (check or money order made out to SSU)
- Two (2) Official Transcripts showing the most recent 60 semester units you have attempted,
as well as award of the bachelor's degree
- Four (4) copies of a written Statement of Purpose as related to the Spanish M.A. Program
(written in Spanish, maximum 500 words)
- One (1) copy of an oral description of your experience as a learner/speaker of Spanish
spoken by you in Spanish ( maximum four minutes), either on a cassette tape or CD
(.mp3, QuickTime, Audacity formats only).
Please mail your application and all accompanying materials to:
SSU School of Extended
attn: Karen Fischer
1801 E. Cotati Ave., Stevenson Hall 1012
Rohnert Park, CA 94928.
Academic Preparation Required For Admission
To be considered for admission, candidates must meet one of the following three options:
- Have a BA in Spanish from an accredited institution.
- Have a bachelors degree in another discipline from an accredited institution and have completed the following SSU courses (or their equivalents at another institution):
- Have a bachelors degree in another discipline from an institution where Spanish is the primary language of instruction and have completed the following SSU courses (or their equivalents at another institution):
Courses used to fulfill admission requirements may not be counted toward the MA in Spanish program requirements (e.g. if a student takes SPAN 401 prior to being admitted to the graduate program, it may not be counted toward the MA unless it is repeated with a different topic).
In some cases, one or more courses required for admission to the program may be waived based on demonstrable professional or academic experience. Consult with the Graduate Advisor for details.