|Academic Year Courses:||12 units|
|Summer-term Courses:||18 units|
|Practicum / Internship:||4 units|
Unit distributions (graduate courses)
Academic Year courses (electives)
Elective Units 12
The Spanish Program will ensure that some of the 400-level courses offered during the academic year begin after 4:00 p.m. to facilitate dual-listed enrollment by working professionals enrolled in the MA program.
Other Program Requirements
In order to ensure that graduate students possess the ability to communicate effectively in written English, advancement to candidacy will be contingent upon fulfillment of the Written English Proficiency Test (WEPT).
All courses applied to the program must be completed with an overall GPA of 3.00, and no course for which a final grade below C is assigned may be used to satisfy this requirement. Graduate programs must be completed in no more than 7 years, which is computed as 14 semesters.
Advancement to candidacy is required and should be done when the student enters the final phase of the program.
- At least 21 semester units shall be completed in residence.
- No more than 30 percent of coursework shall be allowed in transfer.
- No credit toward a master's degree will be given for student teaching in a credential program.
- At the discretion of the department, up to one-third of the total program units may be in a nontraditional grading mode (credit/no credit).
- No classes completed as an undergraduate may be used except those granted provisional graduate credit prior to award of the baccalaureate degree.
- The candidate must complete a comprehensive exam as required by the department.