Wine Business Management Certificate
About The Program
Foundation Level $710 for each 4-week session; $590 for early registration
- Fall 2014: Introduction to Wine Business 4 weeks, Wednesday, Sept. 10 - Oct. 8; $590
- Fall 2014: Wednesday, Oct. 22 - Dec.17 (8 weeks), $960
- Spring 2015: 8 weeks; TBA, $960
- Production & Quality in Wine Supply Chain: TBA, $960
- Strategic Wine Marketing: TBA, $960
- Wine eCommerce: TBA, $960
- Business issues associated with viticulture and winemaking
- Traditional business functions of strategy in building a wine business
- Supply chain management
- Wine commerce and trade including 3-tier distribution and Direct to Consumer
- Wine marketing and sales
- Cost analysis, quality management and value creation
- Optional certification at the successful completion of the Advanced Level
Available: Wednesday, July 16 - 28; $160
* Please note: This website has the most up-to-date scheduling and pricing information for this course, and supersedes any other published schedules.
Advance Your Wine Business Knowledge
Advance your career. In an ever-changing market, having an advanced understanding of the business of wine is essential. Inspired by the Sonoma State University Wine Business MBA, the Wine Business Management Certificate allows participants to strengthen their knowledge of wine business fundamentals, marketing and finance in an online format accessible in every corner of the world.
Created By Professionals For Professionals
The academically developed levels, taught by wine business experts, were carefully crafted for business professionals seeking advanced knowledge of wine business operations. Whether you're a current wine industry professional, a business professional wanting to enter the wine industry or a winemaker or viticulturist, or simply interested in learning about the business of wine, the Wine Business Management Certificate is right for you.
Topics That Matter
The Wine Business Management Certificate is made up of three levels: Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced. Each level builds upon the next and is designed to challenge participants while creating a superior understanding of wine business operations.
Areas Of Focus Include:
The Wine Business Management Certificate is awarded after successfully passing all three levels and passing the optional certification exam. The final certification exam is only available to those who have successfully completed all three levels of the program.
At the conclusion of the second and final advanced level course, students will have a period for review before entering the exam period. The exam period encompasses two weeks, during which students will have one opportunity to log in and take the exam during a single, timed session. Extensions beyond the exam period will not be granted. Students will be notified of their results within 10 days of the conclusion of the exam period.
Participants may elect to complete the online levels for professional development and not take the certification exam. Documentation of course completion will be provided.
For those seeking admission to Sonoma State University's accredited MBA in Wine Business, successfully completing the Advanced Level of the Wine Business Management Certificate waives the wine industry experience admission requirement. This will enable professionals in other fields to access to the Wine MBA program more readily. Two years of professional work experience in any industry is also required along with meeting the other basic admission criterion.
Class sizes are limited. Once your application has been accepted you will receive information on how to register and pay for the course.
Wine Business Institute