Requesting a Room Change for the Fall Semester (Begin August 31)
- You will be able to submit an online room change request to Housing Services. You will need to use your Seawolf username and password to access the form. The form will be available starting Monday, August 31 at 8 am through the ResidentWeb. You will click on the green "Enter Here" button under the "Residents Currently Living On-Campus" section.
- Housing Services will either contact you directly or forward the request to Residential Life.
- In some instances, room changes for lifestyle differences or roommate conflicts may require intervention from Residential Life staff with potential agreements being established.
- If the room change is approved then the resident will be given a few choices and asked to check out the rooms.
- The resident will meet roommates and notify the Housing Office of the desired room no later than Thursday of that week.
- The resident will come in Friday after 1:00 p.m. to have their SSU Seawolf ID encoded with the new room so they can move over the weekend. The resident will be issued a temporary card for the old room which must be returned to Housing the following Monday.
- Moving belongings to the new room prior to a scheduled date may jeopardize your eligibility to live on-campus in the future and may put your personal belongings at risk of being donated to a local charity.
Requesting a Room Change for Spring (to move either before break or after January 21)
Room changes for the end of the semster run from November 16 to December 2. Please review the vacancies listed below and on the Room Change Request form through the ResidentWeb. Some vacancies may be available now and some will not be available until January 21. If you miss the deadline of December 2 to request a room change, your next opportunity will be February 1. To have the best chance at getting your requested accommodation, we suggest completing the form sooner than later. The longer you wait you may reduce your chances of getting a specific accommodation.
Please read the steps below to complete the process.
- Review Available Rooms. We encourage residents to visit the rooms and meet the current roommates prior to requesting a room. Make sure to read all the information on the screens before submitting your request.
- Students selecting a room that is available starting January 21 will be required to remove all their belongings from their old room at the end of the sememter, no later than 11 a.m. on December 19. Students participating in Intersession housing will coordinate their move with Housing Services once their new room is available.
- When submitting your information, you will be able to request a specific room. This does not guarantee your request but indicates that you are interested in that bedspace. You will receive an email confirmation that we received your request within 2 business days. Please monitor your SSU email over Thanksgiving break.
Available Rooms for Spring
To view a list of available rooms, click here. If you are looking for a specific room and you do not see it on the list, please type that in the Additional Information box on the form. In cases were there are limited singles, we will be consulting with the Area Coordinators to determine which situations necessiate needing a single room.