Required Meal Plans
All first year college students are required to be on a meal plan for their entire first year at SSU. "First year college students" includes students who have recently graduated from high school and are enrolling at SSU for the first time. Some students, while in high school, enroll in community college classes and/or earn college credits through advanced placement courses. These students are still required to participate in the meal plan for their entire first year at SSU. This first year meal requirement applies whether students are living in suites (without kitchens) or in apartments which do have kitchens. The reason for the requirement is that, along with providing nutritional food choices, meal plan participation provides daily contact and interaction with a variety of other students and staff members. We have found that this interaction is very helpful in adjusting to and persisting through the challenges of the first year of college.
The yearly or semester rate is included with your Housing License Agreement as published on the Fee Schedule. Prior to moving onto campus you will receive information about specific meal plan options that offer a set amount of meals per week plus "cash" on a card to use at other Dining Services eating venues. For more information about Zinfandel Dining Hall or meal plans and prices visit Dining Services web site.
First Year Students With Special Dietary Needs
If you have special diet requirements, i.e. food allergies; Vegan, Kosher or other religious diet; or other dietary concerns, please contact Dining Services to verify that they can accommodate your diet BEFORE signing your campus housing license agreement. Once the License Agreement is signed, the meal plan can't be waived. The meal plan is a mandatory provision of the campus housing license agreement. In some circumstances, living off campus may be a better alternate to meet particular dietary needs.
Selecting A Meal Plan Option
Once you have submitted your Student Housing License Agreement and reservation deposit, you will receive a Housing Reservation Confirmation and Dining Services Meal Plan Guide within two weeks of the time we process your license agreement.
- You will be directed here to begin the process of selecting a meal plan.
- You will pick a meal plan option online through our Seawolf RC ResidentWeb program.
- You will use your newly created Seawolf username and password. Please follow the instructions below to obtain your username and password.
Only students who have submitted their housing license agreement are permitted to access this web site.
Making Choices Online
- Go to My SSU Online Services to obtain your Seawolf Username and password. You will want to read the blue box and click on the "Obtain Password" button.
- Once you have obtained your Seawolf Username and Password, go to Seawolf RC ResidentWeb to select a meal plan option. The Seawolf RC Resident Web is best viewed with the Internet Explorer and FireFox. You will need to disable pop-up blockers to complete the information.
- After you successfully log in, please follow the directions on how to select a meal plan.
- If you have questions about this online application, please contact Housing Services at (707) 664-2541. Questions regarding meal plan options or dietary needs should be directed to Dining Services at (707) 664-2993.