Lottery Numbers and Times
Please click here to see a chart with the Lottery Schedule.
The Room Selection Guide will be available March 8th. Please read the guide carefully as it will have answers to most of your questions. For your convenience there are screen shots in the Guide to help get yourself acquainted with the online process. Important notes about this process:
- Each student offered a bedspace will need to log on to the RC ResidentWeb and ACCEPT the License Agreement no later than 4:00 p.m. on March 15th.
- March 12th - Full Apartment Room Selection begins based on lottery number.
- March 13th & 14th - General Room Selection begins basaed on lottery number.
- Only those OFFERED a space are eligible to participate in Room Selection.
- Rooms need to be selected no later than 4:00 p.m. on March 14th.
Offers to live on campus are being emailed March 7th. If you receive an offer please make sure you thoroughly read the information provided so you are clear on what you need to do. Your lottery number was randomly generated. About 1550 residents applied for 1350 available spaces.
We received a high volume of campus housing applications for the 2013-2014 Academic Year. Unfortunately, we were unable to accommodate all the students who completed both steps of the process. We took into consideration how long residents have lived on campus and determined those with the least amount of semsters on campus would receive the higher priority. Some residents have lived on campus two years or more and so we felt it was only fair to give other's the same opportunity. Students who have attended SSU longer are also more equipped and better acclimated to the community which makes the transition off-campus a little bit easier.
- What are my chances for campus housing and when will I know? We will have a better idea after the Room Selection March 12-14th of how many students we can move off the waitlist and offer space to. Offering space to waitlisted students is an ongoing basis and can happen anytime after Room Selection till after school starts in August.
- How do you offer more space? More space will be available as students don't pick rooms, are chosen as CSAs, decide to study abroad, cancel their application to live off-campus, or just decide not to return to SSU. We offer space based on gender and what accommodations have come available.
- Will I be able to participate in the Room Selection with my friends that were offered? Only residents who were offered a space are eligible to participate in the Room Selection March 12th-14th. In some cases this might disrupt groups that have already been formed and require rethinking who they will live with. Most likely a vacancy will not be available with your friends and you will need to take a different space if you are still interested. We can not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your specific needs, but there may be opportunities to perform room changes at a later date.
- How will I know where I am on the waitlist? We will provide regular updates of your status via your Seawolf Email account. If at some point you are no longer interested in campus housing, please email contact us.
- Are off-campus housing resources available or a way for me to meet property managers? We have an Off-Campus website dedicated to resources in the local area. We will also host an Off-Campus Housing Fair on April 10th from 12 Noon to 2 pm in the Recreation Center. Local apartments, landlords, and property managers will be available to answer questions.
Guide on How to Reapply
For your convenience we have provided a Guide with screen shots on how to successfully Reapply and make the Housing Down Payment.
Now is a good time to start thinking about campus housing for the 2013-2014 academic year. To learn more about our accommodations for current students, please visit our Living Options page. Current students interested in living on-campus will be able to reapply February 14-28th. A postcard was mailed home in December announcing the reapply process for '13-'14. Students interested in the Gender-Neutral Housing living area will need to complete the Supplemental Application before 4:30 p.m. on February 22nd.
Students currently living off-campus, on leave of absence, or studying abroad please visit our Presently Enrolled webpage for information about applying for campus housing.
STEP 1 – Reapply and Make Housing Down Payment: February 14-28th HAS ENDED! If you missed the deadline you call reapply to be on a waitlist starting March 4th.
You will need go to the RC ResidentWeb to reapply and make the $400 Housing Down Payment. You will not be making a payment in SSU Online Services this year because it will all be done in the RC ResidentWeb. The down payment is required of all students regardless of their financial aid situation and is applied towards your total Fall rent charge.
Starting February 14th, you will go to the RC ResidentWeb and follow the instructions on the Welcome Page. First you will be asked some profile questions, contact information, and a couple questions about living options. Then you will proceed to make the $400 Housing Down Payment. You will follow the checkout steps and once your payment is received successfully, you can click the FINISH Button to finalize the application.
To be considered for an offer in the first round of room selections, you must reapply and pay the Housing Deposit by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 28th.
The ResidentWeb will open starting February 14th at 10:00 a.m. and will close at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 28. To prevent overloading the system, we request you reapply according to the following schedule:
- Cabernet @ 10 am
- Zinfandel @ 11 am
- Verdot @ 12 Noon
- Sauvignon @ 1 pm
- Beaujolais @ 2 pm
- Tuscany @ 3 pm
This is not a first come, first offered priority, you can reapply anytime during the period. Applications submitted after February 28 will be considered late and will not receive an offer in the first round.
STEP 2 – Be Offered Space
The number of applications will determine the number of offers we make for the first round of room selections. Demand for campus housing for 2013-2014 could exceed the number of spaces available which means current residents who submit payment and reapply by the February 28th deadline may not initially be offered a space. Those students who have lived on campus the least amount of time will be given priority for a campus housing offer.
Around March 7th, if you are offered a space you will receive an email with your lottery number and information about room selection. Lottery numbers are randomly generated and determine the earliest time you or your group can go online and select a room.
STEP 3 – Select Room and Accept Terms of License Agreement
Online room selections will take place between March 12th and March 14th. Students will have the chance to pick other applicants as room and housemates, as long as they too have been completed all the steps. Since each student will receive an appointment time, the individual with the earliest time will log into the ResidentWeb, pick an apartment, assign bedrooms, and add students to the other bedspaces. If you just want to sign up by yourself, you'll just pick an apartment and bedspace for yourself. Each resident will also need to accept the terms and conditions of the License Agreement online no later than March 14th.
If your plans change after making Housing Down Payment, you must notify Seawolf Services in writing by May 1st, 2013 to receive a 50% refund; no refunds thereafter.
Special Accommodations – Register with DSS by February 28th
Students registered with DSS and needing special accommodations because of their disability must also reapply for campus housing. In addition to reapplying, you will need to contact Disability Services for Students to re-register with them or register for the first time. If you do not meet the deadlines above, it will be extremely difficult for us to accommodate your needs; therefore you may end up on a waitlist or in a less preferred accommodations.