Key Messages About Sonoma State University
Sonoma State is a public residential campus emphasizing creativity, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and community engagement in the liberal arts and sciences, preparing students with transferable skills for professional careers and successful futures.
- SSU has faculty and staff committed to excellence in teaching and working with students to help them succeed
- Since students must be well prepared for tomorrow’s workforce, promotion of internships with industry and scholarship opportunities with faculty is a high priority. Many majors have a requirement for either an internship or research experience.
- Being largely residential in nature with a majority of SSU students living on campus or within a few miles, the importance of learning opportunities outside the classroom is recognized.
- Co-curricular learning is emphasized.
- The residential experience turns students into adults and readies them for life.
- SSU freshmen all take a first-year experience, and many of those classes have living and learning opportunities and leadership roles.
- Sonoma State has great athletic programs that help students be team players, have a sense of responsibility, work hard, and know how to win and lose.
- Sonoma State has phenomenal faculty and professional staff.
- Study abroad opportunities abound, including some programs with an international component.
- The Green Music Center allows students to attend performances and participate in performing arts at a world-class concert hall.
- Through our academic and professional Extended Education programs, SSU offers a variety of career and workplace-focused classes and certificates as well as degree course offerings through summer and intersession programs.
Refer to 10 Reasons Students Love SSU.
For assistance with crafting audience-appropriate messages, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.