Email & Calendar
All current SSU students, faculty and staff have a Sonoma State email address provided to them by Sonoma State University. The University communicates with you primarily, and for some purposes only through your SSU email account. Check your email regularly for registration, financial aid, library, human resources and course communications, campus news, and more.
Seawolf Email Changes Are Coming
In order to consolidate email accounts and make an easier interaction between students, faculty and staff, on July 22, 2015 IT will begin migrating all Seawolf Gmail accounts to new email accounts with the @sonoma.edu email domain, which is the same domain used by all faculty and staff. The new email accounts will be hosted on Exchange instead of @seawolf.sonoma.edu that are currently hosted by Google Gmail.
What this means for you:
- All SSU faculty, staff and students will have one primary email account that will be used for all official SSU communication, including Moodle
- Students, faculty and staff will be able to easily share calendars with each other
- The old Seawolf Gmail accounts will remain online so that students will be able to access their @seawolf.sonoma.edu accounts and migrate email to their new SSU email account
- You will be able to access your SSU email via multiple platforms, including tablets and smartphones
- Google Apps will still be available for all faculty, staff and students. This includes access to Google Drive, Sites, Picasa, and Hangouts. Just like your Seawolf email, you will need to migrate Seawolf Google Apps data and documents to your newly created Sonoma Google Apps account.
Additional information and documentation is available on our Seawolf Google Account FAQ website.
SSU Exchange Email
All current SSU students, faculty and staff have been provided with Exchange email accounts for official SSU communication. Migration to Exchange for students began on July 22, 2015. See above for additional information.
Additional details are available on the Exchange page