Moodle: Quality Online Learning and Teaching Awards Pilot
CSU Learning Management Systems Services is sponsoring a Quality Online Learning and Teaching (QOLT) program to recognize exemplary teaching and learning efforts using Moodle.
All CSU instructors teaching via Moodle are eligible to participate in QOLT. However, the evaluation instrument is very detailed and, therefore, favors those who are using Moodle more extensively for teaching and learning, as well as course management. QOLT is designed to evaluate courses that are either blended/hybrid (30%-70% of course interaction takes place online) to online courses (100% online).
Submitted courses will be reviewed by a team of CSU academic technology and faculty development professionals organized by CSU Learning Management Systems Services.
This evaluation team will use the same evaluation form as the nominees, which includes the following rubric categories:
- Course Overview and Introduction
- Assessment and Evaluation of Student Learning
- Instructional Materials and Resources Utilized
- Instructional Design and Delivery
- Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Learner Support and Resources
- Accessibility and Universal Design
Awards and Recognition
Up to 10 courses will be selected to receive an "Quality Online Learning and Teaching" award, which includes a letter of recognition and certificate. Awardees will also be noted in CSU and campus announcements. From those 10 awardees, up to 5 will be selected to be part of a featured presentation at the 2012 MoodleMoot Conference, Aug 1 – 3, Woodland Hills, CA. These instructors will have their conference registration paid for and up to $600 of travel support to present.
- Jan 16, 2012 - Request for Nominations circulated
- Mar 1, 2012 - Completed online nomination forms due
- Mar 30, 2012 - Course evaluations complete. Awards announced & posted.
- Apr/May 2012 - Winners featured in Effective Moodle webinar
- Aug 2012 - Moodle course demonstration panel at Moodle Moot 2012