Location: Videoconferencing Room – Stevenson 1034
Maximum Seating Capacity: 29
Support Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm – Monday – Friday
(The videoconference room can be utilized after hours by arrangement. Instruction and training on use of the equipment will be provided in advance of the scheduled videoconference.)
Videoconferencing is a convenient way for faculty, staff and students to conduct "face-to face" meetings with colleagues at CSU and UC campuses without the expense and time required for travel. Videoconferencing can be used to conduct small or large group meetings with participants in multiple locations as well as to facilitate distance learning. Videoconferencing services are provided to faculty and staff for conducting SSU related business.
Videoconferencing at Sonoma State utilizes a sophisticated system of hardware and software to encode, decode, compress and transmit video and audio signals over a high-speed digital data communication network.
A videoconference can be a campus-to-campus meeting, or involve a number of CSU and UC campuses simultaneously. Videoconferencing can also take place with other remote locations, as long as these remote locations have videoconferencing equipment capable of supporting H.323 protocol and a high-speed digital network to support the transmission of video/audio digital signals.
- It is the goal of the IT Video Production Services staff to ensure, from a technical perspective, a successful videoconference. Advance planning and follow-through are the keys to a successful videoconference.
- Use of the videoconference facilities can be scheduled up to six months in advance, but not less than five working days prior to the day of the proposed videoconference.
- If you need to cancel a scheduled videoconference, please notify the videoconferencing coordinator well in advance of the scheduled videoconference date.
- All reservations are made "first-come, first-served," however, we will make every effort to give priority to instructional related requests.
- Please use the "Videoconference Request Form" at the bottom of this web page to request a videoconference and provide the necessary information to the video production coordinator.
Responsibilities of the Person Requesting a Videoconference
- Contact the SSU video production coordinator (see below for contact information) to verify the availability of the videoconference room and videoconferencing support staff on the date/time of the proposed videoconference.
- Establish a name or title for the videoconference.
- Contact the video production coordinator at the remote location(s) and verify the videoconference facilities are available on the date/time of the proposed videoconference.
- Obtain the name of the faculty member or contact person that will be attending the videoconference at the remote location(s).
- Obtain the name of the room(s) at the remote sites (Please note: The central scheduling system uses pre-established room names to communicate with the videoconferencing facilities at each of the CSU campuses).
- Estimate the number of people attending at each remote location.
- Provide the above information to the SSU video production coordinator for confirmation and scheduling.
- Contact the faculty member or contact person that will be attending the video conference at the remote location(s) and provide them with final confirmation of the videoconference, once the SSU video production coordinator schedules the videoconference and confirms all technical arrangements have been made with the video production coordinators at the remote location(s).
- Ensure that room does not exceed capacity of 32 people.
- Ensure that there is no food or drink allowed in the videoconference room.
Responsibilities of the SSU Video Production Coordinator
- Confirm the availability of the SSU videoconference room on the date/time for the proposed videoconference.
- Contact and confirm the videoconference with the video production coordinators at the remote location(s).
- Contact and confirm scheduling of the videoconference with CENIC, the system-wide scheduling center and videoconference communication provider.
- Provide videoconferencing support at the beginning of the videoconference to ensure all sites are connected and communicating and to instruct the faculty member or person in charge of the videoconference on the overall videoconference process and use of the control panel. Please note: It is the responsibility of the faculty member or person in charge of the videoconference to operate the control panel as support staff cannot be provided for this purpose. Support staff will not be required to stay in the videoconference room for the duration of the videoconference.
- Provide instruction and training for the SSU faculty member or SSU contact person attending the videoconference for an after-hours videoconference (advanced arraignment required.)
- Provide final confirmation to the person requesting the videoconference that all technical arrangements have been made with the remote location(s) and the videoconference has been scheduled with CENIC, the system-wide scheduling center and videoconference communication provider.
For more information regarding videoconferencing or the use of the Sonoma State University videoconferencing facility, please contact the Help Desk.