Q. Can I include my pages in the campus search engine? How do I make sure my pages are included?
A. Sonoma State uses a Google Mini Search Appliance. The Googl Mini is constantly crawling SSU's many websites, looking for new and updated pages, and pages that have been deleted. This information is saved to the Google Mini's index, which can then be searched by visitors to our websites.
To make sure Google Mini finds your website, make sure some other web page Google Mini knows about links to your pages. Google Mini starts its crawl from the following pages. If a user can get to your pages by browsing from one of these starting pages (even if it's 100+ clicks to get there), Google Mini should be able to find it, too.
- SSU Homepage - http://www.sonoma.edu/
- SSU Student Web Server - http://www.students.sonoma.edu/
- Physics & Astronomy - http://www.phys-astro.sonoma.edu/
- University Library - http://library.sonoma.edu/
- Computer Science - http://www.cs.sonoma.edu/
- Dining Services - http://ds.sonoma.edu/
- Streaming Media @ SSU - http://streaming.sonoma.edu/
- Green Music Center - http://gmc.sonoma.edu/
- North Bay Digital Collections - http://northbaydigital.sonoma.edu/
- Western Criminology Review - http://wcr.sonoma.edu/
- Jack London Online Collection - http://london.sonoma.edu/
If your pages cannot be browsed to from one of the above starting pages, you should request a link to your site be added on an appropriate page. To add your link to any of the following pages, contact the IT Web Office.
- SSU homepage
- A-Z site Index
- Links for Students
- Links for Faculty & Staff
- Links for Friends & Community
- Academic Departments & Programs
- Maps & Tours
- Visitor Information
- Administrative Forms
- Class Web Pages
- Faculty Web Pages