Calendars and Events Overview
You can keep students up to date on the happenings in your class by creating a calendar. Click on the "Go to calendar" link on the right hand side of the screen. Moodle's built in calendar allows you to create a number of different kinds of events.
- Global: this event appears on the calendars of all courses in school.
- Course: shows events specific to this class only
- Group: shows events related to a specific group within the course
- User: each user can add events onto their own calendar
The Moodle calendar can be exported to other calendar programs like iCal or Outlook by clicking the "Export calendar" button
In the upper right hand corner are some preferences you can set for the calendar.
- Time display format: you can choose to display time as a 12 hour am/pm clock, or 24 hour "military time".
- First day of the week: you can set which day is considered the fist of the week
- Maximum upcoming events: sets the maximum number of upcoming events to be displayed on the first page of your Moodle course.
- Upcoming events look-ahead: sets how many days ahead the calendar looks for events
- Remember filter settings: if you want the calendar to always look the way you have just set it up set this to "Yes".