Sonoma State has selected Moodle to replace WebCT, which has been discontinued by the vendor, as the University's Learning Management System (LMS). A detailed message will be sent to all WebCT-using faculty by Mon., August 30, outlining the process of migrating existing courses from WebCT to Moodle.
• Winter 2011 will be the last term WebCT will be used for courses.
• Moodle will be the sole learning management system beginning Spring 2011.
• Faculty will no longer have access to WebCT after February 2011.
• Faculty are not required to use Moodle with their courses.
• Faculty will need to actively participate in the migration process to move course content from WebCT to Moodle (look for detailed outline next week).
For non-WebCT faculty, access online training through Lynda.com (available now), attend new-user workshops starting in October, and request a sandbox course after mid-September.
"Moodle is an exciting opportunity for teaching and learning innovation at Sonoma State," says Barbara Moore, director of Web Services.