From Elizabeth O'Brien, Interim Director of the Seawolf Service Center
The CSU Travel Policy and Procedures have changed and are effective for travel occurring on or after April 1, 2011. The new policy and procedures can be viewed at the CSU website.
Several changes to the new CSU Travel Policy and Procedures will affect all travelers and they are as follows:
1. All expenses equal to or greater than $25 require an itemized receipt.
2. Meal expenses must be submitted at actual cost (no per diem). Any meal expenses equal to or greater than $25 will require an itemized receipt. Total meal reimbursement per day is $55.
3. Meals outside of the Continental U.S. (contiguous 48 states) have varying rules, contact the Seawolf Service Center.
4. Actual expenses for lodging for domestic travel (50 states & U.S. Possessions) must be submitted on an itemized receipt.
5. Lodging outside of the 50 states and U.S. possessions has varying rules, contact the Seawolf Service Center.
6. Tips for transportation related expenses, such as taxis, shuttles and related types of transportation, are reimbursed as part of transportation costs. Tips for meals are reported as part of the meal expense. Tips can be reimbursed up to 20% of the total bill.
7. Incidentals may include tips and fees for baggage carriers, hotel housekeeping and hotel staff that are customary in travel and not included on other bills. Incidental reimbursements have been changed from $5 to actual expenses up to $7 per 24 hour period.
The following "forms" have been updated on the Seawolf Service Center website to reflect changes within the new policy: Instructions for the Travel Expense Claim, the Travel Authorization form and the Travel Certification form.
These changes are for travel occurring on or after April 1, 2011.
Questions may be referred to the Seawolf Service Center at email@example.com or (707) 664-2308.